SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Looking for a project idea!

I do ColdFusion programming for a living and lately I have had some free time on my hands. I want to start a personal project and hopefully develop it into something big over time. I have been thinking of some stuff, but I haven't come up with any outstanding ideas yet. I am looking for some people to brainstorm and come up with some ideas. If you have something that I like, not only will I personally do all of the coding for the project, but we can split profits if/when the site ever becomes profitable. Let me know if you have any ideas. You can PM them to me, or post them here if you don't mind the public seeing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mike, what are your hobbies/interests? Although If I wanted to I'd go for the cooking subject as I've worked in the industry.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any more specific ideas?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A stolen item register, where people can go to a site and see any siezed, or stolen merchandise that the police have uncovered and it could also be an auction site.

Every 6 months or so here they have a big sale of stolen or siezed items here. Very cheap cars, clothes and cameras.

Oh and a serial number register, so if i bought a new digi cam i could go to your site, register my serial numbers and a picture of the item in case it's stolen.
    Video-Tutes.com
    Web & Graphic design video tutorials
    100% free video tutorials.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats a really good idea, this is exactly the type of stuff I'm looking for. Unfortunately, I did a quick search on Google and it looks like the idea has already been thought of

Visit docquesting.com docquesting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am going to need some heavy duty programing done. I cant afford to pay you much but I would be able to some. Would be something for you to do. Pm me if you want to know more about what I need done.

Other than that I dunno. Heck make a seach engine to rival google. LOL.

Docquesting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Work on getting OSX running on X86.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It may be thought of, but competition never hurt, go bigger make it a state wide thing, you could make it very good, get approval and hook it up to a national register. Go to the press get coverage incourage new prestige car owners,second hand dealers, to sign up.
    Work with the local law enforcement and list stolen items they have recovered with serial numbers and pictures, make yourself the go between the cops and the public, you can offer a stolen item recovery services/auction site.

Sell advertising specific to that local area.. man your made.
    Video-Tutes.com
    Web & Graphic design video tutorials
    100% free video tutorials.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol thats a full time sort of job. I need to make an income in the meantime. Besides, who's to say the police would even let me go into the recovered items place and start taking serial numbers and pics and stuff?