SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to create a photo order form...

Could some one suggest the easiest way to create an order form for a photo gallery. I have a page of pictures and I need to allow the viewer to select which photos they want and then to send me an email with that info & their personal info. Do I need a DB?

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you essentially need a basic shopping cart system.

basically, you need a way to hold some values in a session, the values would reflect which photos they want, and then store some user info(name email etc...)

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It does sound like you're looking for a standard shopping cart solution. Check out the eCommerce forum as there are many threads there about shopping carts available. There are several major open source carts you can download and customize on your site for free.

SitePoint Mentor silver trophy
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I would have check boxes next to the images; the required boxes are ticked and on submit the array of required images are passed to another page where the user can fill in their details then submit again to send you an email.

You could have the user details on the same page as the table of thumbnails it depends on how many images etc.

Anthony