SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frame to put keywords in for Google Adsense?

I have a popular message board and since it gets a lot of traffic, I put some Google ads on that page. Problem is, it has indexed all the wrong keywords (all text of the discussions) for the ads - so none of the ads are relevant to my content. Is there a way to make a frame at the top of the page which holds the ads along with invisible keywords so it will read only the relevant keywords and not the whole text of the page? What would the code look like? I never use frames. I know there is an option in Adsense that you check if you are using frames - not sure if I would use that or not to accomplish what I want here....any help is appreciated, thanks!

Wanda

CSS & JS/DOM Adept bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That defeats the purpose of Adsense.

The point is to display ads that are relevant to the page, not necessarily to the whole site.
    We miss you, Dan Schulz.
    Learn CSS. | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator
    Dynamic Site Solutions
    Code for Firefox, Chrome, Safari, & Opera, then add fixes for IE, not vice versa.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But it is NOt displaying ads that are relevant to the subject matter - so I want to force it to display ads that match only certain keywords.

CSS & JS/DOM Adept bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An iframe wouldn't work for this anyway, unless you put the google ad itself in the iframe.

You should be careful that you don't do anything to get you banned from search engines.

You could put some keywords in a <div> and hide it from visitors with CSS.
    We miss you, Dan Schulz.
    Learn CSS. | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator
    Dynamic Site Solutions
    Code for Firefox, Chrome, Safari, & Opera, then add fixes for IE, not vice versa.