Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me: inspired by "are you christian?"

*WARNING*
    "OPEN MINDED PEOPLE ONLY!"
    This post is just the posters point of view, in no way is he trying to force thoughts on anyone, he is just saying whats on his mind. He would love to hear what you have to say on the subject. But as a unique person (I hope) you all have the right to take this information anyway you wish. Any closed minded People Please Stop reading.

I am god.... Sure that might sound like I have an ego but I don't. I don't believe there is a god that controls my life. I am the only one that controls my life. I am the only one that puts me in the situations I am in, I am the only one that can choose to get out of them.

As for his teachings, sorry to say, but they suck... Most of them are in metaphors so it depends on where your mind frame is as to what interpret it as. But in church you have some guy up front saying what he thinks god means when he wrote the bible.. Oh Wait.. He didn't! When was it written again? Oh yeah, 200 or so years after his death. When was it rewritten? Oh yeah, about 300 years ago. A lot of beilefs have been changed. Why? Did god come down and tell everyone to start thinking this way because its different than what it was when the book was first written?

Ok, I'm a vegetarian, I believe in it strongly. When religion first started out they all where vegetarians, why? Beucase they knew that it was bad to Kill (a commandment) and that it was really bad for your body to digest something that it hasn't digested for many many generations. The way god said it was good was that meat can feed many people. Reminds me of the government. Who cares if it hurts the people, it's less work on us and everyone else.

As I was saying before, I could take any saying in the bible and justify in more ways than you can imagine.

"there are times in our lives where god asks nothing of his children
    but for silence, patience and tears."

Now I can see him as being evil right there. He doesn't want us to take action in our lives for the things we have caused. He just wants us cry our problems away instead of figuring out how we got here and how to fix it..
    Thats an evil way to look at it.. Lets take it as something else.

"there are times in our lives where god asks nothing of his children
    but for silence, patience and tears."

To look on it at a totally different angle you can say we can't always get what we want. If we want something we have to wait quietly. I say if you want something in your life you should go get it. The only one that controls where you go in your life is you! Going into deep spirituality "you create your own reality. Your thoughts manifest as you think them and your surrounds will change to take you to where you want to go in life"

Ok... If any of you can give me some quotes or sayings from the bible I would love to hear it. I love thinking of other ways to put them. Now onto why you should only believe in yourself:

Why let someone else get into your head when you want to do something? I really want to Punch that guy "but what would god think?" Nah, I shouldn't... Once you experience the way I live life you will realize life is much easier once you just let go and do what you want without thinking about how anyone or anything else feels. If you mess up there is always time for learning. The best way to learn is by example right?

Now think about it.... "If I don't do this, I will go to hell"

Fear is a major factor to mind control. Government? They just want people to stay within the herd of sheep. A lot of people have heard the saying "society is just a herd of sheep" but have you even given it much thought? I have.

Lets say there is a herd of sheep out on the field eatting away. Then the farmer pulls up and gets out. All the sheep have to do is see that farmer and they know what they have to do. One of them starts walking into the pen. Then the next one follows them, and etc... Then what do you know, the hole herd is following the one in front. What would happen if one of those sheep decided not to follow? They would just stand there and be outside of what I like to call the "hassle free zone" Why? because when you are apart of the herd no one bothers you, its hassle free.. When one of these sheep decide to get out of that zone, they get that extra dose of *FEAR* form the sheep dog. Not to mention who knows what the other sheep are thinking ("your crazy, don't stand there follow me") But if they just stand there the sheep want him to follow and if he doesn't the sheep dog comes right aftern them barking showing his scary teeth. What other choice does the sheep have? It has to join the herd.

RELIGION! You are lead to believe its the best way to live your life. Thats good to know. I have found a much more positive way of looking at life but thats not what I'm getting at. If you are led to belive this is the way it is and the way it SHOULD be, then you are going to be telling others about it and getting them into it to right? Get them to join the herd. Where they can just reap the benifits of the "hassle free zone". When you are there you are accepted by everyone. Well unless your jewish. They just think if you aren't a Jew you don't deserve to live. What a loving religion!

Now I think religion would do a lot better if they say they could have more benifits. Can you prove there is a heaven or a hell? Has anyone been there to say heaven is bliss and hell is well... hell..... Oh wait, I know of a benifit.. I was sitting at the bus stop one day and a lady walked up to me and started talking religion talk... She showed me a booklet and there was a photo of a beautiful landscape. She said "this is what god is going to bring to us. No pollution, no problems, just beauty" I asked if she knew when that would happen. She said after the earthquakes, tornadoes, hurrcanes, volcanoes, well every natural disateryou can think of... I thought "wow" the whole world will go throught that and end up with a beautiful planet.. After thinking that I looked at the photo again and a thought came to mind. "Where are all the people living their happy lives?" She couldn't answer... She just said the planet will be a beautiful and peacefull place, she wasn't told how we would live. I told her "how do you think our lives would be after being dependent on water, electricity, and all of our home luxories, then being destroyed in an earthquake?" And everywhere in the world being destroyed by these disasters? I don't think its a good thing. Nice that god told us this would be a great planet. But not for us...

Now I have known for years these disaters would come. It has been told through many ancient civilations in the world. But I was surprised to hear it from god. But the Mayan's Egyptians, sumarians all say that between the years 2003 and 2012 we will be going through a very big change. I studied the mayans most, they have gone through 5 of these cycles before and it was different evertime. They had times of flood, fire, etc. Now we are going into the time of the movement. Its when the earth decides to drastically change its face.

ok, I lost track of what I was getting to earlier. That thinking god is a big benfit to think along his lines. I had one big fight with someone about faith. They thought it was controlled by either god or the devil. If you win the lottery, It was a work of god. If you crashed your car. It was the work of the devil.

I had to say that your life will lead you to whereever you want it to take you. Like I said before you control your own reality, your own destiny. The laws of karma affect this as well. So even if you didn't want to get in that crash, it was either karma paying you back or just the state of mind you were in. State of mind has a big part on your life as well. Becuase if you are a happy person you will see happy people all around you. If you are genreally an angry person you will always bring angry people into your life. So you are either going one way or the other. If you are in a bad mood, your thoughts are getting more and more negative as things progress. Angry thoughts bring on angry emotions, angry emotions bring on more angry thoughts. Wow... What a cycle!

Well I think I should stop here. I have gone on long enough, I should be working!!! I just have too much to say about the subject. I should write a book!

I would love to hear your point of views on what I have to say.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm well where do I start - first off how did you get to write ALL that much I thought that there was a 2500 words limit - sorry off the subject totally...

But it does have to be said that I totally agree with you... when I lived in Canada a few years ago mind I was part of the church (ie family and friends were so I joined in) but I when they tried to tell me that if I came back to Canada to live it wold be gods will - nah [rude word] as you can tell I am not back there and I think my life is doing pretty well I live by me only (at the moment) and I have served myself pretty darn well.... as for crashing the car hey I'm female [did I just say that!] nope it was the other women with very thick glasses on that didn't see me! nothing to do with divine intervention at all.

Although me being a tad of a control freak I certainly don't like the idea of someone else being in control of my life - hey its mine and I'll do what I want [even writing php at 11.30 friday night]

so there you go manipura that my response - good for you write you own thoughts and everyone can make up their own decisions....

Time to get on with the php!!!

Sarah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Sarah
    as for crashing the car hey I'm female [did I just say that!] nope it was the other women with very thick glasses on that didn't see me! nothing to do with divine intervention at all.
    Karma Karma Karma.... Everything you do will come back to you. If you are a negative person
    negative things will happen to you, even if it isn't because of your negativity. I live a great life
    being a very positve person with a positive outlook on life. I don't get injured, I don't get screwed
    over, nothing... People that like to scam people will get scamed one of these days. A person
    that likes to be honest with everyone, will, for the most part, get honest people in thier life.

That also draws back to the point of being a angry person brings angry people into your life. Its
    just that energy that surrounds you is giving off a bad vibe. And people don't realize it but they
    are attracted to it. I'm sure a lot of you know what an aura is. I'm sure some of you can see them.
    But if you know what it is or not, its still there. People can still feel it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOW, manipura! Could we be soul mates? I agree with you 100%. I also believe in karma and positive / negative energy. I'm not saying that those who believe in other things are wrong, because none of us knows what this life is about. Maybe we will find out one day. 'Til then - enjoy life and be good to others!

********* Callithumpian silver trophy freakysid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Sarah
    hmm well where do I start - first off how did you get to write ALL that much I thought that there was a 2500 words limit - sorry off the subject totally...
    I only counted 1,671.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be Your own God.

Fluffy Kitten Programmer~ Elledan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was a time when people thought that phenomena in nature were caused by gods, like the wind, tides, the sun etc.

We're now past this stadium, but there are still many people who are so puzzled by things that happen in their lives that they create gods to 'blame' for all 'good' and 'bad' things. Only there is no 'good' and 'evil', there are only events which are either beneficial or not to an individual or a group. Think about it and you'll see that this is true.

As for this negative/positive energy, I think it does make sense. It's like light and dark, they both need each other and can't exist without the other one.
    One can change this balance, with either negative or positive results.
    www.nyanko.ws - My web-, software- and game development company.
    www.mayaposch.com - My personal site and blog.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Elledan
    There was a time when people thought that phenomena in nature were caused by gods, like the wind, tides, the sun etc.
    People love to point blame at others. They think why take the heat when you can direct it to someone else. You can either just let it be the way it is, because you can't change it. Or learn from it. I like to see everything as something to learn from. Hey even if its not like that at least im trying to learn as much as I want right? it doesn't matter if I'm right or wrong. I'm just glad I live a happy life, with the least amount of negativity going through me. I learn from the simplest mistakes, I don't blame others for what happening to me. Its all my choice where I take my life. I may have been able to avoid everything that I didn't want to happen, but that wouldn't be any fun. The best way to learn is by experience. Don't stop yourself from riding the horse because you "might" get fall off. Instead just hop on. Then if you do fall off you will learn to be more careful. Although some people would fall off and be afraid to get on ever again.

Another big thing in spirituality, which took me a few years to come to the complete understanding is that everything is a reflection of yourself. Now you can see it in the lower levels, like I was saying the people around you are like you in certain ways. If your a good person, good people will come to you. Thats one level of your reflection. Now, I'm not saying you will totaly believe me or understand this, but this is an example of how I view things. OK! Everything around you is a reflection of yourself. That means where ever you look, its just like looking at your reflection in the water. Now what are you going to do if you don't like what you see? Are you going to thrash around the water trying to change the reflection? Get a bat and just beat the water over and over? Then when all is done, you see the water settle, and you get the same reflection. Whats wrong? You tried your hardest to change whats going on "out there" but you got no where. Sure it was fun trying. But in the end, what happened?

No matter how hard you hit the water, when all is calm, you are still the same person. If you want to change whats happening around you, you have to change whats going on inside of you! Thats one of the many things I think about to keep myself calm and happy all the time (unless I'm programming. I always get mad then, but its still a part of my own doing). But if you look at a bad situation as your own doing, it keeps you calm. Or at least me. As I said before, you create your own reality. The world revolves around you, thats why you SHOULD be your own god. You only have yourself to deal with. Whats the most common thing that happens to YOU in YOUR life? The most common thing? IT'S YOU!!!!

Take control. Live a happy life. Thats what its all about. Unless your happy being under control, then thats your choice. But you think your happy because you haven't experimented with anything else. You grew up a christian. Of course! If you live in hell and all your life you'r told its the best thing around, you will think its the best thing around. Right? As I was saying before, I'm a vegetarian. It makes you feel so GREAT! Hey if your body is healthy then your mind is too. With a healthy mind you have a happy mind! But if you have never tried being one before, then you just don't see how great it can be. You just think how can it be better than eatting meat, and never try it. Then you aren't going to see what a hell you really lived in, and really loved. Sorry to bring up the vegetarian thing. Again, I'm not forcing any beliefs on your, just saying my point of view.

Enjoy life to the fullest. Experiment, you won't know what brings true bliss is until you have tried everything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're now past this stadium, but there are still many people who are so puzzled by things that happen in their lives that they create gods to 'blame' for all 'good' and 'bad' things.
    Well, if those gods they create are useful to them, who are you to criticize them for it? The scientific method isn't the only valid means of knowledge generation, you know. Einstein visualized himself riding on a beam of light to come up with the theory of relativity.

Only there is no 'good' and 'evil', there are only events which are either beneficial or not to an individual or a group. Think about it and you'll see that this is true.
    I think that proves more about semantics than it does about good vs. evil.

Isn't it true that most people's definition of 'good' is something that is beneficial to them as an individual or group?

Isn't it true that most people's definition of 'evil' is something that is not beneficial to them as an individual or group?

There's a few logical levels of understanding this, but the underlying principle is the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for this negative/positive energy, I think it does make sense. It's like light and dark, they both need each other and can't exist without the other one.
    One can change this balance, with either negative or positive results.
    I've seen that same argument used to explain the existence of good vs. evil.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To believe in a true good and evil, you need to believe in some sort of higher power or force.

Oh, and just to correct something that I think has been falsely stated here: Christianity does not imply that God chooses things for you. God creates us, and can predict what we will do, because he is God, but it does not mean we are simply controlled like puppets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by jackiemcghee
    Be Your own God.
    Well, I cannot tell what you mean by that specifically, but people who think of themselves as the center of it all are not the kind of people I want to spend time with. I'm not saying that it makes them self-centered, but it promotes a little something that bothers me.

Many tyrants, I'm sure, have thought of themselves as special and somehow above others, and I'd be surprised if several of them did not consider themselves nearly Godlike. Now, like I said, I don't know what you were specifically trying to convey with that phrase, so I'm not going to make any judgements on you.

As far as I'm concerned, the world around us, in all it's wonder, makes it pretty obvious that we are NOT the biggest thing out there. I mean, which is it: is there some kind of force that influences us all, or are we are own Gods who do what we want?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by TWTCommish
    God creates us, and can predict what we will do, because he is God, but it does not mean we are simply controlled like puppets.
    God created us? So? Who created god? Why don't we worship him?

Anyone can predict what you will do. Does god come down and tell you what your life is going to be all about, before you even know yourself? Wow! Anyone ever had a tarot card reading? Oh wait.. Most religions think the power of tarot is very evil. Well.. I think thats because the person giving you the reading may know more about your future then you may expect. I should know. I can read them myself. I have predicted pregnacys, bad emotional phases, good luck coming in a very good form, well... I have been able to tell people insight about themself as well. They way they feel about a certain situation. It makes them think about it on a very different level.

Predicting the future? I say its half and half of knowing whats going to happen and creating whats going to happen. If I told someone they would die tomorrow, they would probably go out and have the best time of their life for their last day right? Woulnd't you? I would.. But that person would end up having so much fun that they would end up getting drunk and cross a road to get hit by a car and die. I could tell you that you are not going to have a very good day tomorrow. So, you wake up and you may not be aware of what I said but it still put you in a bad mood. And being in a bad mood brings on bad things. Then your day just gets worse and worse until your girlfriend calls you up and says she doesn't love you anymore.

I don't like giving tarot card readings anymore. Because I learn too much about the person. And in order to keep them safe I feel I have to hide it. I told someone they might get sick. Then they went to a friends house and he was sick. He knew he was going to get sick anyways so they didn't care. Avoidable? Who knows!

Ok I said you can predict the future and you can create the future. Pretty much both go hand in hand. You can't have one without the other. I'm sure a lot of you have seen the matrix. Remember when neo saw the oracle. The Oracle said "don't worry about the vase" then what did he do? He had the expression as if he were thinking "what vase? what are you talking about?" then looks around. He turns and knocks over the vase.

Ok... Thinking about this is making my head spin. My typing just can't keep up with my thoughts. Thats probably why there are so many typos, words where words shouldn't be. Words that should be other words.

I will end here...
    Next I will talk about time travel
    HA HA HA!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one created God. Quite frankly, that shouldn't be too hard to believe, because something had to come before all else. That is, of course, unless you have a better solution in mind.

No offense, but that whole post came off as horsing around. I'm sure you know what I'm saying, and yet I see a post full of questions that you obviously know the answer to. Example:

I say its half and half of knowing whats going to happen and creating whats going to happen. If I told someone they would die tomorrow, they would probably go out and have the best time of their life for their last day right? Woulnd't you?
    That's ridiculously irrelevant. I'm not trying to be rude here, but how on earth does that relate to God knowing what we will do? Perhaps you're thinking of predicting in the wrong terms here...it can mean either "To foretell something; prophesy.", or "To state, tell about, or make known in advance, especially on the basis of special knowledge." -- you seem to be using it in the sense of the first one...as GUESSING, or something of the sort. God is not GUESSING. That's the difference.

Ok I said you can predict the future and you can create the future. Pretty much both go hand in hand. You can't have one without the other. I'm sure a lot of you have seen the matrix. Remember when neo saw the oracle. The Oracle said "don't worry about the vase" then what did he do? He had the expression as if he were thinking "what vase? what are you talking about?" then looks around. He turns and knocks over the vase.
    I fail to see your point here. I am simply trying to debunk a faulty notion: that God and making your own decisions don't go hand in hand.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be your own God.

Take resposibility for your own life.

Don't blame others when things don't work out for you.

Don't expect help.

This isn't the same as being self-centred. I don't think I could ever be accused of that.

Christianity does not imply that God chooses things for you.
    True. According to the bible, God gave humanity free will. One of the reasons Lucifer rebelled.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh no, not at all. I don't believe you to be self-centered in the least. Thanks for the description: I think I understand your meaning now. I agree with all of that, though I think of myself as self-sustaining. I don't believe that worshipping The Lord means that I am not responsible for my actions, or that I have no responsibility...

...however, I do believe God will help me along the way. If He does not, I will make due. One thing that truly impresses me is that there are some Christians out there who are dealt terrible hands in life, but endure it and go on with their faith, regardless of that. I'm very encouraged and impressed by those kinds of people.

Anyway, I fully agree, I only choose to phrase it differently. Believe me when I say I think that everyone should take responsibility for themselves and not cast blame on others.

e=2.718281828459045235360 HyperBaseball's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To believe in a true good and evil, you need to believe in some sort of higher power or force.
    Why is this necessarily true? I don't think so. I believe true good is honesty, help, and general all around goodness. (Yes, I realize I'm using the word in its definition, but I think you know what I mean)

I believe that true evil is killing, stealing, causing damage to someone else, and more of the same.

Those are what I call morals. You don't have to believe in a higher power to have morals. Just common sense and the ability to decide what you deem as correct and not correct.
    Jason Unger is me.
    "Homer no function beer well without"
    http://www.jasonunger.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, simply put: unless there is a higher being to set the rules, right & wrong are nothing more than opinions...they are not facts. This is why I said "true" good and evil...as in an absolute good and evil...good and evil that is not subjective, or an opinion, but actually wrong. Who's to say it's actually wrong if we're all just a bunch of molecules walking around? Absolutes like this require a higher power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyway, I fully agree, I only choose to phrase it differently.
    Originally posted by Manipura
    But as a unique person (I hope) you all have the right to take this information anyway you wish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wha?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am just sharing my thoughts, ideas beliefs and all that is on my mind as I type. I'm not forcing anything on anyone. What I think may be right, it may not be. This is me. Everyone isn't the same. Everything will think about it differently. Some people will really hate what I have to say and not even want to hear it. Thats what they want. You can phrase my words anyway you want! I don't want you to follow me word for word. You will learn by experience and you will see it in your own ways. Of course the amount of evidence you have will cause you to believe a different thing. We have all experienced different things. So how can we all come to the same conclusion?

I would rather let people live life the way they see it. I'm just trying to help them see it in a different way. I don't care if it works or not. It would be mean to force it on people. If they aren't happy thinking in the way I do then why do you want them to? Think the way you want to. Your not me! I'm not you. Just maybe one day you will come across a situation that will remind you of the words I have said, it will make you look back and think "wow, he was right"...

People always tell me they get that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All I meant was that I was confused by your last post, that's all.

Actually, I believe that two people who have completely different experiences can still come to some of the same conclusions on various life-changing things. I find it fascinating that two people on opposite ends of the earth with drastically different lives can end up living by the same religion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes but the thought patterns that those people live to come to that same conclusion are different. Of course there is a universal law. One that everyone lives by. Like it or not! So many many many people end up finding it at some point in their lives.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see where the disagreement lies. People at times find the same God, and carry the same basic beliefs, despite drastically different environments and cirumstances. Just find that interesting, that's all. Your post seems to agree with mine...assuming I understand it correctly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not saying your wrong at all... Just putting it in my own words