SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Domain/Website Appraisal

How about a forum dedicated to this? It's probably been brought up before, but I didn't see it.

When people list their sites for sale they are usually ripped apart by the members. This way if someone wants to sell they can get all their (****)stuff together and have a price range in mind when they list.

Plus I think it would be fun to read and even if you don't list your site or domain, give you a decent idea of what it's worth.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy Bleys's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think it will happen... 1. because it would be a way for people to circumvent the sales forums by posting a site/domain for "appraisal" then taking offers on it and 2. because of SitePoint's rules against discussing actual dollar ammounts. Perhaps appraisals could someday be allowed in the sales forum itself, but they'd still have the $9.95 fee attached... in fact, if you want to spend $9.95 and then in your sales post say you are thinking of selling but don't have a price in mind and would like offers... that's a good way to get an appraisal (putting your site up for sale doesn't obligate you to sell it unless you post a BIN price).
    Josh is a ghost
    rails & work & twitter

Organization is the
    death of creativity.

l º 0 º l silver trophybronze trophy lo0ol's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've also noticed that people appraise rather unrealistically. What some might say it's worth is different than what they'd actually PAY for it. You'll get the blanket answers of "Oh yeah, great site, that's worth at least $15,000" but since they don't have any interest to buy it it's easier to make appraisals like that.
    Zach Holman
    good-tutorialsblogtwitterlast.fm

The Mind's I ® silver trophy Dark Tranquility's Avatar
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lo0ol
    I've also noticed that people appraise rather unrealistically. What some might say it's worth is different than what they'd actually PAY for it. You'll get the blanket answers of "Oh yeah, great site, that's worth at least $15,000" but since they don't have any interest to buy it it's easier to make appraisals like that.
    I totally agree this is annoying it lets the domain owner asks for really really more than that what his domain is worth
    Also a forum strictly dedicated to domain Appraisal is not that necessary IMHO