What crawled inside you and died?

*shrugs* Some people.

Anyway, I've given up on adsense now.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He wasn't crying, he was looking for advise. And the fact that it was 100 dollars in 12 months doesn't exactly mean anything, at least not to me. To me it would be the principle of the matter. I bet he worked hard to make that 100 bucks and if that were me, I would want a just explaination of why my account was terminated when I obeyed all of googles terms, no matter if it was $10 or $10,000.
    25 Cent Links
    Strangest Facts
    Domains for Sale (PM me with offers)
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey there Kall, you and I have discussed this matter already...but I am rather appaled with Google's actions. The word "silly" comes to mind when I think about how easy they have made it to get a site banned. Anyone can do it with a few extra hours.

Google needs to rethink their policy...simply banning people is not going to cut it anymore.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think about it, anyone that dislikes you for any reason and knows of your website could spend a little time on your site clicking ads just to get you banned from their program.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What does google usually do about it? If one gets banned, but sends them all the information (logs, etc), that it's not his fault that fraudulent clicks happened, any chance for him to be back in adsense?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I read your thread whining about how you got banned after meeting the $100 payout amount in 12 MONTHS

Like I said, Google has better things to do than waste their time trying to fix your account which earns lousy 8 bucks per month.

First you cried to Google, now you come cry here, as if that was going to help in anything.
    Stupid point of view if you ask me. If a user really doesn't do anything wrong, is it fair that they should simply lose their earnings? Whether the amount is $100 or $100,000 doesn't matter; what matters is that publishers are treated fairly.

If I owned Google, which I probably will someday (hey, there's nothing wrong with dreaming, however unrealistically ), I would handle cases like this in a just and fair manner, in order to protect the company's image, and the rights of publishers. Where would Google be without publishers, after all?
    -- Jeremy Maddock
    SEOMix.com - Search Engine Optimization Tips
    My Blog - Business, tech, and politics from a webmaster's perspective

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy someonewhois's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WealthStream
    Stupid point of view if you ask me. If a user really doesn't do anything wrong, is it fair that they should simply lose their earnings? Whether the amount is $100 or $100,000 doesn't matter; what matters is that publishers are treated fairly.

If I owned Google, which I probably will someday (hey, there's nothing wrong with dreaming, however unrealistically ), I would handle cases like this in a just and fair manner, in order to protect the company's image, and the rights of publishers. Where would Google be without publishers, after all?
    Let me pose the flip side (which seems to be the one Google has chosen): If I owned Google, I would handle cases like this in a just and fair manner, in order to protect the company's image, and the rights of the advertisers. Where would Google be without advertisers, after all?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me pose the flip side (which seems to be the one Google has chosen): If I owned Google, I would handle cases like this in a just and fair manner, in order to protect the company's image, and the rights of the advertisers. Where would Google be without advertisers, after all?
    I understand where your coming from. Balancing the rights of advertisers and publishers is a tough act to maintain.

Nevertheless, I don't think it's right to take money away from publishers who might not have even broken any rules (regardless of dollar amounts involved).
    -- Jeremy Maddock
    SEOMix.com - Search Engine Optimization Tips
    My Blog - Business, tech, and politics from a webmaster's perspective

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy someonewhois's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I agree with you. Still, though, if they aren't 110% anal about it, advertisers are going to start complaining. I think if I was Google, I would put more weight towards advertisers than publishers -- after all, the SERPs get tons of advertising revenues, and they're probably ALWAYS going to have publishers, just because everyone knows about them.