User Tag List

Thread: CSS Changing?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CSS Changing?

Hey there. I stumbled across this site while browsing through the vBulletin forums (just got a license on the 1st). I have a question. My current website is set up so all of the various texts and colors are controlled by style.css. I would like to be able to have visitors select, if they wish, a style sheet that changes the background colors, etc. Is this possible without recoding all of my pages to PHP? I know that this is how cs-skins.net (A Counter-Strike Skins site) does theirs. Also, if this is possible, how would I go about making my banner gif change depending on the layout? I have 3 different ones, for each of the colors - transparency looks really bad on my limited photoshop skills...

Thanks in advance!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm afraid you'll need to recode in PHP...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can download the first chapter of Al Sparber's new book at www.projectseven.com/magic/index.htm There is a tutorial that could help you with your problem.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the link. I'm a FrontPage guy (kinda hard not to be when your company buys you Office XP), but I get the idea.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks to a little research on my part, I found a tutorial with javascript that worked for me. Here's a link, in case anyone wants to do what I have.

http://tech.irt.org/articles/js065/index.htm

Remember, to use this well, you need to have CSS sheets for every page. Also, everything needs a tag of some kind, so all of your text changes appropreately.