SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

011110010110000101111001 jabird's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Web-Based WYSIWYG Editor?

I am creating my own CMS, for a project for my job, I got to the poiint where I need to allow users to edit certain pages...

I am all ready very near due-date, so I have no where near the time to code my own WYSIWYG editor, so are there any good ones, that are highly configurable?

For instance,
    3 people are allowed to change the content on index.php
    and everyone else gets there own folder, where they can change all the files in that one inparticular folder, I got it to the point where if they log in, it takes them to an admin page of there own, now for the 3 people, it needs an edit.php page, that load the content of index.php... of the 3 people, 2 are superadmins, these can change ANYTHING.

Everyone else gets there own edit.php, that lists all there files in there folder, and lists all there folders, when they click a file, it loads the file in say
    edit.php?id=authornamehere&page=pagenamehere

Another very important feature is, the option to choose between WYSIWYG and HTML...

Any good scripts that I could easily integrate into my current script that would do this?

Thanks alot,
    ~Jabird
    Jabird.com
    If I were binary... I'd be all 1's for you.
    BBCode trouble?

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This site has a survey of them:

http://www.htmlarea.com/

I think FCKEditor is probably the best at this point.
    Christopher

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like TinyMCE, it is much simpler to integrate, plus there are plenty of documentation.

http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/

And, the back button works, in HtmlArea the back button of the browser seems to behave erratic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the above are good, there is also spaw editor and an old htmlArea if you can find a download, or the not html area (because that project was ditched and new projects spun of the old one, even a couple people from sitepoint got on that band wagon)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll put in 1 more vote for TinyMCE....once you get a handle on how to set it up quickly, it's very handy

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find that Xinha has quite a bit of extra functionality. Furthermore, it provides flex points for extension writers.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use wysiwygpro and have found it to be excellent, but it costs $47 for a single domain and $197 for unlimited domains.

011110010110000101111001 jabird's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, TinyMCE looked like the most popular choice... but I'm having some problems... I made a "editindex.php" with the TinyMCE box and all, but I need "editindex.php" to load the contents of "index.php" so I can edit them... everything that needs to be editable will be in the <textarea> things... is this possible? or am I SOL?

Thanks,
    ~Jabird
    Jabird.com
    If I were binary... I'd be all 1's for you.
    BBCode trouble?