Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AI - the movie

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No it isn't.

People that race are not part of "gangs". In fact, my boyfriend is NOT in a gang, he races as a hobby and has tons of IT certifications. lol.

The people in the movie that raced were not part of gangs, at least not most of them.

This movie was very far from reality, yes, as the actions and activities portrayed are not that of the street racers / drag racers and events that I have participated in.

But one thing I want to make clear is that this has nothing to do with gangs and people that street race should not be stereotyped as a gang member. In fact, here in South Florida, most of them are what some may call rich and preppy pretty boys.
    Jessica
    Soapaddict.com - Days of our Lives
    http://www.soapaddict.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nephthys, you must remember that TFATF is a movie. Movies aren't supposed to be realistic. If they were then we wouldn't go becuase we can just open our eyes to see realistic drama and action. Movies are ment of entertainment, but I do agree with the faults, but again it's a movie.
    Free Science Homework Help
    http://www.physicsforums.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know..

I know it's a movie and that it is entertainment. As everyone else, I was just stating my opinions on the movie and it's content and why I didn't enjoy it.
    Jessica

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not disagreeing with you on the fact that it may have been unrealistic, infact, as most of you say it was -- as is Hollywood. Additionally, I'm sure there are many that race (i.e. pretty boys) in South Florida. But, TFATF did center around rival gangs ... recall Dominique's gang, Johnny Tran's gang, Hector's gang, etc.
    Colin Anderson
    Ambition is a poor excuse for those without
    sense enough to be lazy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by HyperBaseball

Bad Movies:
    Pearl Harbor
    Tomb Raider
    Darn and those are the two movies i just errmm *cough* ordered *cough*
    Garlic bread, I've tasted it, it's the future

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK...

Let me finally chime in here. I just saw AI last night and did a "double-showing" of Kiss of the Dragon and Final Fantasy (sorry Regal Cinemas, that's what you get for charging me $3.25 for a small coke).

Kiss of the Dragon - I thought the acting was really good in this movie, which is rare for an action movie. The action was really good to, but not over the top like most action movies. All in all I'd give this one a 4.

Final Fantasy - Let me say that the whole time I had to keep reminding myself that "this is all CG, it's al CG". If you don't then you will likely be sucked in to it wholeheartedly. Dr Sid's modeling was particularly amazing (beard, bald head etc.). I'd give this one a 3.5.

AI - I agree with everyone. I thought they could have ended it at the part that everone is talking about. Still a good movie.. I'd give it a 3.5 as well.
    Adobe Certified Coldfusion MX 7 Developer
    Adobe Certified Advanced Coldfusion MX Developer
    My Blog (new) | My Family | My Freelance | My Recipes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't seen some of those so I just skimmed the posts above so forgive me if I missed something.

I haven't seen AI but I really hate the trailer. I find it the most pretentious two minutes (or so) of media ever. Spielberg can't do that - maybe he was trying to be a Kubrick (and failing). Might be a good film though.

Swordfish - excellent!! Not in my top 50, but very enjoyable and I plan to see it again in the cinema before it disappears.

Tomb Raider - barely satisfactory. I didn't find it very exciting, and I found it very unoriginal. The main problem was in the story. Some of the characters were just boring. What was Noah Taylor doing in there? His character was boring. What was the screenwriter thinking? The dream sequences (with daddy Jon Voight) were hackneyed and so was all that stuff about the stones.
    [mmj] My magic jigsaw
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The Bit Depth Blog Twitter Contact me
    Neon Javascript Framework Jokes Android stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was wondering if you were ever going to comment, mmj. I agree totally about the AI previews, they suck really bad. "His love is real. But he is not." That's so horrible, but the movie is actually good.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw two movies.. :)

To continue on the movie thread.. I saw two new movies last weekend.

Kiss of the Dragon: I give this about a 3 1/2 out of 10 and that's only because I think Jet Li really knows how to fight. The storyline lacked, the ending was horrible and could have been better, the only good thing to come out of this movie was the main actors. I don't recommend seeing this movie at all, not even on tape!

The Score: Robert Deniro and Edward Norton are two marvelous actors that portrayed their parts in pure perfection. I give this movie an 8 1/2 out of 10. The storyline was great and I found it interesting while keeping me on the edge of my seat. Some things occured that I didn't expect and the storyline was detailed and well thought out. Both actors did such an incredible job. I recommend this movie highly!
    Jessica

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bah, I saw the score and I must say that I was not impressed. Don't get me wrong, is was an enjoyable movie, but rather generic. Two thieves rob something valuable, and one turns against the other (which is even revealed in the previews), whoopedeedoo. Absolutely nothing new to give the audience. De Niro and Norton both did good jobs, especially Norton, but I don't believe it made up for the lackluster writing and plot.