User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

free content with Keywords in resource box link

Hi everyone,
    I hope for some feedback on this one, I want to start writing articles and offer them for free to other webmaster in an effort to improve my link popularity. That in itself is not a problem, however I would like if possible to improve my link popularity and search engine positions via keyword rich backlinks in the resource box.

How do you think I can go about getting keyword rich links in my resource box, normally in resource boxes a URL would just be given and the actual linking text would be the URL and not simply keywords/phrases. for example:

Article by James. James works for http://www.XYZ.COM Visit his site for blah, blah, blah.

Want I want though is something like:

Article by James. James works for XYZ Printing services. Visit his site for blah, blah, blah.

How could I go about doing this, would it be OK do you think to give the resource box in HTML code format, so say I submitted the article in ASCII to directories or whatever. The article would be as normal but the resource at the bottom might look like:

Article by James. James works for <a href="http://www.xyz.com">XYZ Printing services</a>. Visit his site for blah, blah, blah.

Would webmasters understand what I want the linking text in the resource box to be and would they find this acceptable. Can anyone see any problems with this strategy. Thanks for any replies. Nice board.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This depends on the article database you are submitting to, but I think most will allow you to use HTML in the resource box (just not in the body of the article). I know that EzineArticles.com and Article-Emporium.com will allow writers to do what you are describing.
    -- Jeremy Maddock
    SEOMix.com - Search Engine Optimization Tips
    My Blog - Business, tech, and politics from a webmaster's perspective

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey thanks for the reply, I thought I have topic reply notification was on but obviously not. I would like to submit to as many article databases as possible, but also to individual webmaster that have that they accept articles on their site. Anyothers thoughts on this?

Thanks again,