User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

converting text db to mysql

Hello,

I need help in converting text database to mysql. The db is from my personal-ads site with about 8000 members. So there are about 8000 lines to be converted.

Each field in text db is seperated by " | ". The example of the one line in text db is like this:

Soulman|Agnostic|Dallas|170/60|35|Engineer|Chinese|hsesesmaiou@yahoo.com||Pria Mencari Calon Istri|Nice guy looking for nice gal|I'm a nice Chinese Indonesian guy living, studying, and working in the USA. I consider myself nice and funny person. I enjoy playing sports and watching movies. I'd like to meet an Chinese Indonesian girl about 23-28 years of age. Must be a university graduate. 162-170 cm and proportional height and weight. Must like to play sports. Clean background, nice, and honest. If you are interested just drop an email. Thanks.|06/25/2001|0|ok|bedesewuldul|30||||133746
    I only prepare one table in mysql db. Each line in text db become one line in mysql db.

Could anybody give some information how to do this?

Thanks for your help.

********* Callithumpian silver trophy freakysid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOAD DATA INFILE might be what you are after. I've never used it so can't give you any more details:

http://mysql.com/doc/L/O/LOAD_DATA.html