SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need help with search engines

I have a site that I have been updating several times a week for 6 months now but I still do not seem get any traffic from Google (or MSN or Yahoo either).

I have been using keywords in headers and content as naturally as possible, I probably under optimise rather than over do it.

On some occassions I have had the odd visitor from Google but when I check the referrer path my listing is not in Google. It seems to appear there for less than a day andthen completely dissapears never to be seen again.

Is it possible I am still sandboxed?

King of Paralysis by Analysis bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anything is possible.

Are you indexed at all for most of your pages?

Give us your url.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its newsniche dot com.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im seing only about 21 pages in the google index - and out of that almost all have the title as your domain. It may help if you update your pages title tags to give more details of what each page is about.

Im also seing 23 backlinks (although this may not be a true figure these days) - some of the links look pretty good - the dmoz one is a goody.

It is a strange one - does look like google doesn't like your site to much. Perhaps it could be the refereces in your ads about increasing your rankings, or it could be that they thing its a blog site (many blog sites are suffering bad in the last 6 months)

perhaps some small changes will help...

good luck

Visit docquesting.com docquesting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe change title to (RSS Feeds For Webmasters). And also put commas in between your keywords. You also may want to move your blog towards the "top" of the page. Search engines generally include this information first. Make sure when you update it to use well written articles. I would also make your "how to subscribe add" towards the middle of that page make it smaller and off to the left or at the bottom. How you design your site is also important in seo.

Docquesting