User Tag List

Thread: top border only

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

top border only

Hey,
    i have a page http://www.areacool.com/final2.htm and i would like to know if there is a solution to have only a top border of a table
    maybe
    <body topborder="1"> ...

or maybe a CSS style , i really dunno, please tell me a bit more if you know,
    yours,
    brian
    BrianStudio - the webdesign company
    Professional & Affordable
    Brian Dove - Senior Graphic Designer
    Direct Hire: info@brianstudio.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey,
    no problem any more about the topborder, don't worry about it, it got solved, but there is another problem ,still concerning table, quite difficult to explain. at http://www.areacool.com/final2.htm , you will see some tables at the lefthand side of the page, with "news" "projects" ,........, you will notice that the table box where "latest project" is written is smaller than the other ones, and i wanted to make all the rest of the tables further down on the page ("news", "poll",...) with the same height of the "latest project" table box, but HOW ?,
    even when i code
    <tr height="20">
    or
    <tr height="1">,
    it will still remain the height it is actually on the page, like about "25", could someone explain me where's the problem please?, hope u understood ,
    tell me if not!,
    Brian
    Pslease reply as soon as possible cause i need to finish it before i go the the seaside(my cottage) where i will stay for 2 months(my school holidays), but i will REALLY miss YOU guyz and specially MY COMP,
    Cheers,
    Brain, ah oh sorry Brian
    BrianStudio - the webdesign company
    Professional & Affordable
    Brian Dove - Senior Graphic Designer
    Direct Hire: info@brianstudio.com

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your heights are specified in your <table> and <td> tags, which is ok. You'll probably need to manually adjust this stuff.

Example. Your "Latest Project" table is so:

Code:
    <table bordercolor="white" width="100%" border="1" height="105">
    <tr>
    <td bordercolor="#33cccc" height="20" bgcolor="#0f609f"> <div align="center"><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" color="#FFFFFF">Latest Project</font></div>
    </td>
    </tr>
    <tr><td bordercolor="#1F80AF" height="22">
    <p><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2" color="#FFFFFF">Here 
                  goes the latest project</font></p>
    <p>&nbsp;</p>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    and your "*Special*" table is so:

Code:
     <table bordercolor="white" width="100%" border="1" height="138">
    <tr> <td bordercolor="#33cccc" height="26" bgcolor="#0f609f"> <div align="center"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2" color="#FFFFFF">*Special*</font></div>
    </td>
    </tr>
    <tr> <td bordercolor="#1F80AF" height="22"> <p><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2" color="#FFFFFF">Here 
                  goes some special for every month</font></p>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    You see the heights defined in the <table>s and <td>s? You'll need to adjust them.
    Last edited by duckie; Jul 4, 2001 at 13:53.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi...y don't u use a stylesheet. All u would need to do is define a table style in a <style> tag or CSS file. The u can simply apply the this class to all the desired tables. Or, try enclosing all the desired tables in a <DIV>.

Try to check out the CSS specs at www.w3c.org. U can download a .pdf file of the specs. A cursory reading of the specs...and the rest will be a cake-walk.

Hope was some help.