SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anyone can find me an archived page that says "lifetime" and not "indefinatly" I would more seriously consider a lawsuit.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm taking down all my Fastclick referral links and already looking at other ad companies.

And no I do not need any more SPAM via PM from any ad agency reps!

I contact folks personally that I want information from and thank you Archbob for your help.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell
    I'm taking down all my Fastclick referral links and already looking at other ad companies.

And no I do not need any more SPAM via PM from any ad agency reps!

I contact folks personally that I want information from and thank you Archbob for your help.
    I had to make a rule on my forum that PM spam was not allowed. SPAM SUXORZ!!!11!!

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check this out

Yea it seems anything I post about I get PM SPAM now from some company rep about it! Like in another thread I was talking about calling customers to verify orders...well wouldn't you know some rep for a call center company PM'ed me !!! Anyway, I'm reporting all PM SPAM to forum moderators!

Now here is an instance where FastClick does say FOR LIFE, CHECK THIS OUT!

http://web.archive.org/web/200104061...m/publish.html

There is also a Referral Program to maximize your income if you promote Fastclick through your website. Fastclick pays lifetime fees for referred Publishers (5% of earnings) AND referred Advertisers (5% of campaign budgets, indefinitely!).
    So there you have it. There they said LIFETIME for publisher referals and "indefinitely" for advertiser referals!

So in 2000 they gave no end point at all. In 2001 they said in writing LIFETIME, then in 2002 they changed to "indefinitely". Now they are trying to change to 12 months!

So I figure at least any referrals before they changed the wording in 2002 should be FOR LIFE!

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is what they had in May 2002 prior to changing the wording:
    http://web.archive.org/web/200206050...m/publish.html

Is there a Referral Program?

Of course! If you place a link on your site to the Fastclick network, we will pay you a lifetime fee: 5% of the earnings for any referred Publishers accepted into the network, and 5% of the campaign budget for any referred Advertisers--indefinitely!

SitePoint Enthusiast Matt Sherman - ValueClick Media's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We thought it was probably time to step in--we've been following the development of this thread throughout the week, here and on related forums, and want to let you know that we absolutely appreciate your concerns. This kind of decision is never easy, and we recognize the impact it carries for a number of our publishers. We are continuing to work on other opportunities to drive revenue to you, but we are also happy to recommend some immediate solutions to those who are interested by reviewing your Fastclick account directly with you. Please contact us at publish@fastclick.com and include "Account Review" in the subject.

Regards,

Matt Oettinger
    Manager of Media Operations
    Fastclick, Inc.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think long term you are damaging your program. You are fighting a two front war here.

1) Your members who are content site owners first, will become leary. You are in no uncertain terms going back on a long standing promise. When does for life, not mean for life? What else will you do to them in the future?

2) Your members who are ad banner directory owners, who have spent a lot of those referral funds praising your program, and have been THE backbone and the best advertising you ever would have had.

It would be so easy to save face, and just grandfather the existing referrals. Due to natural attrition, a lifetime of referral payments is a dubious prospect anyway, as people switch networks and move to other ones over time. I've seen it happen in lulls of referral activity.

Instead, you are violating the trust of your publishers and your biggest backers and will have a reputation of changing the rules as you see fit. I have no issue with 'going forward' kind of changes, but when you go back on a promise (contract or not), that's the worst kind of thing you can do for your company, and the ensuring bad will will cost more than those referral fees ever did.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt - Fastclick
    We thought it was probably time to step in--we've been following the development of this thread throughout the week, here and on related forums, and want to let you know that we absolutely appreciate your concerns. This kind of decision is never easy, and we recognize the impact it carries for a number of our publishers. We are continuing to work on other opportunities to drive revenue to you, but we are also happy to recommend some immediate solutions to those who are interested by reviewing your Fastclick account directly with you. Please contact us at publish@fastclick.com and include "Account Review" in the subject.

Regards,

Matt Oettinger
    Fastclick, Inc.
    www.bannerreviews.com - reviews of ad networks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Matt, is there any chance on you elaborating on what type of immediate solutions are probable?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is really interesting. Other networks have been PMing you to join their program? LOL.. How low can some people get.
    The Online Guide

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can guess. More ads!

Quote Originally Posted by psyon
    Matt, is there any chance on you elaborating on what type of immediate solutions are probable?

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To me Fastclick has lied and misrepresented their program. No conversation will fix this for me. The only thing that will make it right is to pay me FOR LIFE as the plan stated!

(Maybe it's just me, but every statement I hear from Fastclick about this only makes me more angry !)

I'm tempted to e-mail a link of this thread to some stock analysts and the WSJ!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stock being watched by:

Thomas Weisel
    Jefferies & Co
    CSFB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by havaloc
    I can guess. More ads!
    That was my guess too, which is why I asked. I don't want to scare off my current visitors to my site by throwing my ads at them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    don't you just hate it when reps from ad companies responding publishers with these types of vague languages?
    Fastclick is now just being like adsense?
    sends you a e-mail, "OH Buddy you're kicked out of the program cuz you cheat, and HAHA, i'm not gonna tell you why and how you cheated, you're out, byebye, if you have any problems, e-mail us"
    and then when you send them an e-mail, they copy and paste one of those pre-typed letters and send it back to u, which is useless
    dont u just hate it

Quote Originally Posted by Matt - Fastclick

Regards,

Matt Oettinger
    Fastclick, Inc.
    Myspace Codes
    Terry J. Z.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What would be interesting is if some one faxed a copy of this thread with a pertinent synopsis to Thomas Weisel Partners (ATTN: Christa Quarles), Credit Suisse First Boston (ATTN: Heath Terry), Jefferies and Company (ATTN: Youssef Squali). The analysts that actively cover Fastclick.

Even hints of a class action alleging fraud basically equal death for seasoned public companies, let alone a fresh technology IPO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahan
    What would be interesting is if some one faxed a copy of this thread with a pertinent synopsis to Thomas Weisel Partners (ATTN: Christa Quarles), Credit Suisse First Boston (ATTN: Heath Terry), Jefferies and Company (ATTN: Youssef Squali). The analysts that actively cover Fastclick.

Even hints of a class action alleging fraud basically equal death for seasoned public companies, let alone a fresh technology IPO.
    I do not wish for FC to die, they banner system(although it serves crappy banners) is still making a good default for casale. I just want them to reinstate the old referral program. Otherwise, I will just send ore referrals to casale.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Public companies don't die. They just get bought by someone else .

And if they don't pay me for the referrals that helped them become a publicly traded company I could care less if they fall to the PINK SHEETS.
    Last edited by darnell; Jun 25, 2005 at 18:10.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    anyone have any update for us?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well they've updated their info within the interface too now - so it looks like this is here to stay.

I don't have any active fastclick referrals yet, but I wish they would at least use a grandfather clause so not to screw the people who helped them get where they are today.

Cheers

Tim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archbob
    I do not wish for FC to die, they banner system(although it serves crappy banners) is still making a good default for casale. I just want them to reinstate the old referral program. Otherwise, I will just send ore referrals to casale.

I am sure they love hearing this.
    The Online Guide

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlineGuide
    I am sure they love hearing this.
    Hey, he calls it like he sees it. Personally, I agree -- I've been a Fastclick publisher since October 2001, and the current quality of banners is just horrendous. YOU WIN YOU WIN YOU WIN....well, you know what, I'm tired of being a winner, and so is everyone else. Fastclick needs to start getting some reputable companies on board rather than extending the grasp of the "special offer" and "free stuff" and other somewhat shady affiliate schemes. Where's the value for the user? Are they getting free $500 gift cards, Louis Vuitton bags, or portable DVD players? Seriously now, if they were, then these wouldn't be profitable campaigns. Call me old-fashioned (ugh, and I'm barely 21) but I believe that the content *and* the ads should strive to deliver value to the consumer. The best salesmen truly believe in their products. Do you believe in what you're selling your visitors with Fastclick?
    Andy Powell
    Dumb Laws, Real Haunted Houses, Dumb Criminals, Actual Aliens
    I buy sites with original content. PM me.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You get the best on board when you have the publisher base to back it up. Currently Fastclick is doing things that make it appear they want that publisher base to go to their competition.

Fastclick went public on the backs of publishers and many who referred thousands of other publishers. Now Fastclick is turning their back from what helped them grow.

I see far more "winners" and plenty of "FLASHING" in Fastclick's future.

If Fastclick dies tomorrow there is always CaSale and others out there looking for publsihers. Fastclick was not the first ad company I ever worked with and in this game you learn THEY WON'T BE THE LAST!
    Last edited by darnell; Jun 27, 2005 at 18:44.
    Please do not PM me about your business or sale.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I was expecting to come back from a weekend trip, and here more from FastClick about this. At least some discussion about what we have all said.

Ive talked to quite a few publishers now who are discussing changing to another company, even if they don't have referrals at FastClick. It seems they view this kind of move as "shady", and are worried about their future earnings also.

Casale seems to be the other network that everyone loves, but are there any other reputable banner networks I should be researching?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Burst and Tribal Fusion are the other 2 top tier networks in my opinion.
    There used to be 4 top networks, but lately fastclick have had a few problems
    1) Trojans in pops (very very rare and quickly sorted - but still!)
    2) 'loading in progress' delays on stats (annoying)
    3) Renegading on referral program (shady?)
    4) Witholding 30% of revenue from international publishers for some reason or other (this I haven't had an email about yet - but from recent performance am expecting one soon).

Tim

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by psyon
    If anyone can find me an archived page that says "lifetime" and not "indefinatly" I would more seriously consider a lawsuit.
    Well I've given you that information here: http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/show...7&postcount=54

and here: http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/show...4&postcount=55

So there it is archived and documented.

We can't allow ourselves to be lied to and them to potentially TAKE MILLIONS from us! If the amount I make from referrals could make a lawyer blink I'd call one myself.
    Please do not PM me about your business or sale.