SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation I desperately need to know what they are using for their site.

Please - if any of you can help me, I'd appreciate it greatly. I have looked all around, but I can't find a community site script or CMS that even comes close to the way that they have everything integrated. I have been completely unsuccessful in my searches. I keep finding that most of the scripts that I run across have half or less of the functions that they have, and the other scripts seem to have the other half, no one seems to have them all - especially on the user profile and options side.

Here is an example of what I'm talking about.

http://www.clubzone.com/members/view126982.html

In their profile, you can view their Username, City , Gender / Age ,Web Site, Marital Status, Membership length, Last Visit, Amount of times their profile was viewed, Forum Status, Number of posts a day and the last 5 posts from that person.

You can also view their personal gallery and have the option to add them to your buddy list.

Please, if any of you have the time, take a look around this site, it has a lot of functions that I desperately need. If you can point me in the direction of a package that has these features, I'd apprecited it greatly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would guess its probably a custom script, although I dont know for sure.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark_W
    I would guess its probably a custom script, although I dont know for sure.
    I'm sure they customized it a little - but there has to be a base there, somwhere. I just can't seem to find it out there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried looking through hotscripts.com, if its available they probably have it there.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yep - i've tried hotscripts.com - and all the others. In my search, I've noticed more of these types of scripts to not be at places like hotscripts - and that's why I'm posting here. Some one , somewhere has to know of something like this out there...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Community site script phpBB.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by REMIYA
    Community site script phpBB.
    They are using IdealBB. Do you know of any community sites that are like this that use IdelBB?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually - Strike that. I still desperately need to know what they are using. Or something very similair. Thanks.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not m *****

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wythrol
    not m *****

What's That Mean ?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wythrol
    not m *****
    What helps that meant to be.

I tried looking around for you but couldnt come up with anything. The only thing I noticed is that it seems to be powered by asp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by broadbandone
    I'm sure they customized it a little - but there has to be a base there, somwhere. I just can't seem to find it out there.
    There doesn't have to be a base, they could have hired someone to write them a completly custom script.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what ever happened to people doing work for themselves.. why copy.. i really dont see why so many people want to duplicate that which already exists.. Work through the problem on your own.. or with help, but there isnt any real need to copy other sites.. if you need it that bad, maybe the creater will sell you the template or something..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can understand him wanting something if it is open source. Not everyone has the time to code something of there own. Plus if its out there why re-invent the wheel. In this case though, it goes to prove that sometimes if you cant find it you just have to go and do it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I agree with mwolfe and mark_W. Why are you so desperate to copy another site? If you can't find it, be original. If you want to be competetive offer more than your competitors and not just imitate? In this case why not have a go and work through it etc... = more competetive

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonzo_CS
    Yeah I agree with mwolfe and mark_W. Why are you so desperate to copy another site? If you can't find it, be original. If you want to be competetive offer more than your competitors and not just imitate? In this case why not have a go and work through it etc... = more competetive

I'm not looking to 'copy' their site. I did not say that I want the look / feel or even the same subject matter as their site. I just need to find a package that has a majority of the features / modules.

Why do I want to find it ? Simply put - I'm not looking to re-invent the wheel. I intend to add on and 'work through it etc...'. It just seems a waste of time , to start from the ground up, if there's something similiar floating around. Am I the only sane one here ???

Seriously, guys, your statements on this topic have been as ridiculous as perhaps stating that you wouldn't use PhpBB or any other board because it has too many pre-packaged features - and that would be too much of a convenience. So you'd rather code your own - because of the principle of it ?

Thank you guys for at least checking out before flaming me , though. I do appreciate that.

Any one else have any idea on what community software / CMS they me be using ?

Thanks !

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark_W
    What helps that meant to be.

I tried looking around for you but couldnt come up with anything. The only thing I noticed is that it seems to be powered by asp.

Thanks. I noticed the ASP as well. Thanks again for the effort !

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm guessing its a custom CMS being that there is no credit to the software creator unless they purchased extra rights to remove copyright. Most companies who develop software require some sort of text or link to their development company website.

Just a guess though. Why not contact the site admin and ask yourself?
    Michael John Froseth
    Freelance Web Developer | MichaelFroseth | dotCom

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I take my above post back. It says its powered by TechVibes (www.techvibes.com) check out there website and look under products. Not sure if that is correct or not...but it might help you. If not try contacting the admin.
    Michael John Froseth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by broadbandone
    Seriously, guys, your statements on this topic have been as ridiculous as perhaps stating that you wouldn't use PhpBB or any other board because it has too many pre-packaged features - and that would be too much of a convenience. So you'd rather code your own - because of the principle of it ?
    Thanks !
    I agreed with you about not wanting to re-invent the wheel, I simply said in this case you may have too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thats fair enough I know what you mean now about re-inventing the wheel, just misread your intentions and thought you wanted to duplicate their scripts to achieve the same goals. I would use PHPBB myself if the option was there as like you said it would save allot of time and money. Good luck with your search, but try asking the creaters posted by mike.fro, should save allot of time.

I take my above post back. It says its powered by TechVibes (www.techvibes.com) check out there website and look under products. Not sure if that is correct or not...but it might help you. If not try contacting the admin.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, their website is using ASP, so why is this in the PHP forums? *confused*
    Michael John Froseth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah well spotted mike.fro! - report the thread and you can move it to the asp forums, maybe they will be able to answer the question straight away.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mike.fro
    Also, their website is using ASP, so why is this in the PHP forums? *confused*
    Yeah - Sorry about that. Noticed it was ASP after the initial inquiry. How do I get this post moved to ASP ?

Thanks !