SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think publishers get about 25-35% unless you have a very special deal going, which, and let's be realistic, probably few (if any) people here have the clout to make.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of your people must think Google is some penny pinching cheap asses because they don't reveal their reveneue split with publishers.

Well the revenue split is pretty easy to figure out since Google provides all the info in their shareholders report. It works out to 79%. Now this doesn't mean you get 79%, it just means that is what Google paid out to their affiliates.

While I'm sure Google would love to give 25-35%, their financial statement shows that is simply not true. As for the guy who say he manages a "big" account and Google pays a fixed rate of around 50%, I would say you're not a big account. Again, read Google's 1/4 report: 79% of adsense revenue was paid back to affiliates. All the numbers you people are posting don't add up to published financial data by Google.

The revenue share is most likely based on a number of factors, bid amount, keyword used, etc. But at the end of 1/4 2005, Google paid out $462 million to affialites for generating $584 million in Adsense income. 79%

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moto
    Some of your people must think Google is some penny pinching cheap asses because they don't reveal their reveneue split with publishers.

Well the revenue split is pretty easy to figure out since Google provides all the info in their shareholders report. It works out to 79%. Now this doesn't mean you get 79%, it just means that is what Google paid out to their affiliates.

While I'm sure Google would love to give 25-35%, their financial statement shows that is simply not true. As for the guy who say he manages a "big" account and Google pays a fixed rate of around 50%, I would say you're not a big account. Again, read Google's 1/4 report: 79% of adsense revenue was paid back to affiliates. All the numbers you people are posting don't add up to published financial data by Google.

The revenue share is most likely based on a number of factors, bid amount, keyword used, etc. But at the end of 1/4 2005, Google paid out $462 million to affialites for generating $584 million in Adsense income. 79%

thanks. Im still try to fill in a few blanks if what you said there is right...definitely based on a number of factors though hmmm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by captainequity
    excuse my cynicism but when someone doesnt disclose information to me, i assume its because the information isnt good news..
    Not so sure about this. they could be trying to keep their trade secrets. sorta like how they don't tell publishers who get booted from the adSense network how they were caught, tried, and executed.

opaque? yes. unfair? no.

remember, you can always go to another advertiser.

V_V

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vammirato
    Not so sure about this. they could be trying to keep their trade secrets. sorta like how they don't tell publishers who get booted from the adSense network how they were caught, tried, and executed.

opaque? yes. unfair? no.

remember, you can always go to another advertiser.

V_V
    possibly, vamm, and I dont mean to be overly cynical...I guess Im partly taking an emotional standpoint seeing as my CPC has fallen quite a bit recently on a few of my pages...so whatever I say has to be levelled off for the emotional bias...

...on a related note there is no trade secret in `we charge 20% commission, etc`...so as far as I can tell there are three possibilities:

1 google is taxing everyone to high heaven
    2 goggle is not taxing everyone blindly, but it DOES use `progressive taxation` to a very large extent, so it applies differing % payouts dependant on the site specifics --> this fact should be cloaked for whatever reason, and as such is a trade secret
    3 a combination of the above

I side with 3. I don't doubt google pays differing amounts to differing sites. The way it does this may be some kind of unique, IP-based, proprietory `Google you're a genius`, launch another patent, type way....hence the trade secrets issue...but it certainly gives them a nice excuse to raise the fog and the progressive taxation...

everything here is speculation but you're right about one thing: it is my perog to switch advertisers

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moto,

Don't forget that the $462 million (I'll just assume this is true) they paid to affiliates, includes a tiny handful of monster sites that get huge percentages because they are Google's little darlings. And they inflate the whole figure you quote. I'm sure for 99 percent of Google's affiliates, they get between 25-35 percent. And you know if they slashed it to 10 percent for the little guys, very few of us have a better route for text links. All the other PPC's pale in comparison to G. Of course, until Yahoo finally rolls out their version of Adsense. Any day now...

And also the commission may change based on the bid amount.