SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adsense: which perc. % from advertiser's bid webmasters get?

- Adsense: which approx. perc. % from advertiser's bid webmasters get when using Adsense on Web sites?

- What is your experience?

- For example RevenuePilot pays 60% from advertiser's bid? What do you think Adsense will pay?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Google doesn't reveal this information to publishers (it is kept confidential).
    -- Jeremy Maddock
    SEOMix.com - Search Engine Optimization Tips
    My Blog - Business, tech, and politics from a webmaster's perspective

Massimiliano Bruno Giordano sid egg's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some people speculate it has a lot to do with your CTR/eCPM, I'd say it's around 40-70%
    GamesLib.com - the slickest, most complete and
    easily navigatible flash games site on the web.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sid egg
    Some people speculate it has a lot to do with your CTR/eCPM, I'd say it's around 40-70%
    With other words, how higher perc. CTR/eCPM how higher perc. of pay-out per click!?

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michel32
    With other words, how higher perc. CTR/eCPM how higher perc. of pay-out per click!?

Google doesn't disclose this information. It's speculated that the amount may vary per click, per keyword and of course per site. Some people estimate that they make as much as 50 or even 60% while others insist that they make only 20 or 30%. What you make isn't something you will every now... the best you can do is try and look at the current bids and your own results and figure out some sort of number that seems right. However, one click can be for a top paying ad and the next five may be for the lowest paying ones, no one knows (well, no one on our end).
    - Ted S

Massimiliano Bruno Giordano sid egg's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michel32

I did say speculate. I can't prove it, and no one in the "public" can prove it. I mean, it's all speculation. I've also heard stuff about PR being used to calculate CPC, however, it makes sense, because PR is supposed (not saying it works, but that was the original plan) to be a sign of the "quality" of the site.
    GamesLib.com - the slickest, most complete and
    easily navigatible flash games site on the web.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    70% yes only somebody like ask.com Now 40% yes some very large and desired sites but regular sites get less then 40%. Easiest way to calculate this for somebody without inside gogole connections is to look at google revenue, coss, profit, etc.. since they are now a public company and have this info available

Quote Originally Posted by sid egg

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it is 60% for the publisher because I never got less than 0.03 for a click and the advertiser pays a minimum of 0.05 per click.

SitePoint Enthusiast oswebhosting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    minimum for google adwords is .08 per click, not .05 and .03 is also the minimum i have seen from a click.

means 37% not 60%
    ++++++++++++++++++++++
    Reliable PHP, MySQL WEB HOSTING

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Net income on a GAAP basis for the quarter ended March 31, 2005 was computed based on the following income statement or condensed income statement line items. Revenues of $1.256 billion less TAC of $462 million, less both other costs and expenses before stock-based compensation of $303 million and stock-based compensation of $49 million, increased by other income of $14 million and then reduced by a provision for income taxes of $87 million.

TAC or traffic acquisition costs is the portion of revenues shared with partners.

Google-Sites Revenues - Google-owned sites generated $657 million or 52% of total revenues. This represents an increase of 116% over the first quarter of 2004.

The Google Network - Revenues generated on Google’s partner sites, through AdSense programs, contributed $584 million, or 47% of total revenues, a 75% increase over the Network revenues generated in the same quarter last year

$462 million TAC / $584 million Adsense income = 79% share to affiliates. However this number is mis-leading because Google has many special agreements with their big affiliates like AOL, who we assume must get a bigger share than us. Also it's safe to assume that Google's big affilaites generate more income than all their 100,000 small affiliates combined.

Source of info: http://www.google.com/intl/en/press/...nues_q105.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    those are some huge numbers!

79% share to affiliates, wow AOL and the bug guys must make a killing! no waiting for their adsense account to hit $100.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah without a shadow of a doubt, i cosign what os said, its not 60% ...i have a pretty good idea what the lowest cpc ad ive seen is on my site and it was about 8c on adsense and i got about 3c for it...do the math...

excuse my cynicism but when someone doesnt disclose information to me, i assume its because the information isnt good news...firms only seem too happy to promote their competitive edges, why would big G hide it if their share was anything more than reasonable? You can cry company privacy all you want but that wont be the reason for non-disclosure...add to that the fact that google is a very strong position,...and its a public company with shareholders to appease...why would it not milk its publishers in the short term and then hide that fact?

it only makes good news for the next profits announcement...

in terms of the 79% figure, yeh a large part of that will be chewed up by the big boys google hangs around with..

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oswebhosting
    no waiting for their adsense account to hit $100.
    lol

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be a smart idea for yahoo or (next year) msn disclose how much they are paying publishers.... that will force google to step up.... Hopefully yahoo pays more to the publishers to rob google of publishers

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ccourt23
    It would be a smart idea for yahoo or (next year) msn disclose how much they are paying publishers.... that will force google to step up.... Hopefully yahoo pays more to the publishers to rob google of publishers
    true..I have to say Ive been surprised that neither has stepped in with an alternative to adsense yet...maybe theyre just been slow like most big companies, or perhaps they do have a competitive edge like that to throw into the fray...

would certainly nice to be in a positio to CHOOSE agencies rather than only having one solid option and constantly having the idea of being shut down for `fraudulent clicks` being in the forefront...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've heard that some publishers have actually had $0.01, therefore, it is logical to assume that the publisher's share can be as low as 20%.

My personal guess it that it has something to do with the type of site you have. I think Google probably sets a different percentage based industry and keywords. Obviously, I have no proof though - just a hunch.
    -- Jeremy Maddock

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oswebhosting
    minimum for google adwords is .08 per click, not .05 and .03 is also the minimum i have seen from a click.

means 37% not 60%
    Adwords .08 cost per click? I think this is still .05!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, the minimum CPC is still US$0.05. These people are probably thinking in other currencies or something.
    -- Jeremy Maddock

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my campaign settings are set to Canadian Dollars, not often that happens, so used to US funds now hehe.

thanks for the correction
    ++++++++++++++++++++++

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe its somewhere between 10% and 90%

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by krohnathlonman
    I believe its somewhere between 10% and 90%
    and i was thinking to 1% and 99%...

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you have a premium account you have a set rate

I manage a premium adsense account and it is a fixed percentage of the revenue. Lets just say it is around 50%ish.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dapublisher
    I manage a premium adsense account and it is a fixed percentage of the revenue. Lets just say it is around 50%ish.
    ..so if thats what the big boys are getting...lol

on a related note, anyone know of any ppc engines that allow you to choose your keywords for ads?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ..so if thats what the big boys are getting...lol
    Sounds about right. That means it's safe to say that smaller publisher sites are getting a lot less.

on a related note, anyone know of any ppc engines that allow you to choose your keywords for ads?
    SearchFeed and RevenuePilot both allow this. They won't give you a CPC as high as Google, but they are probably the best options as far as what your looking for.
    -- Jeremy Maddock

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WealthStream
    Sounds about right. That means it's safe to say that smaller publisher sites are getting a lot less.

SearchFeed and RevenuePilot both allow this. They won't give you a CPC as high as Google, but they are probably the best options as far as what your looking for.
    thanks again, ws.

know what the disparity is between similar keyword cpcs for each of the above?...am gonna try sf on my site this weekend, so i will report back my findings