SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IE vs FF color scheme

This is my LIVE site : www.catchmydr1ft.com
    Alternative URL: www.d3v.clanhq.net/mambo

The issue that I'm having is with the module in the top left corner named "CMD" which is the main_menu_mod module and includes the following: .Home/. News./ . Forum and etc.

The problem is the color setting for the font used in the module. The is the styling specified in the .css file:

Code:
    font-size: 12px;
    font-weight: bold;
    color: #333333;
    font-family: Arial, Hevlvetica, sans-serif;
    It seems that color: #333333 is being interpreted differently by different browsers. The site looks just the way it's meant to in FireFox 1.0.4, however in both IE 6.0 and Opera 8 the color setting appears always a shade darker, thus throwing off the intended cosmetic look of the site. It's important to me since I spent a lot of time trying to customize the site to appear the way I want it to and I'm aiming for browser intercompatibility where the layout looks as similar as possible regarding of the tool used to view it.

The only 2 ideas I had on how to fix this problem was using a different form of palette ( I tried all of the ones avilable to css format, same issue happened every time) and maybe adding a script that would detect the browser used and adjust it's color settings accordingly ( I'm not sure how can I do that)

Please post if you have any solutions/advice/recommendations/etc to this issue. Thank you.

Here's the direct link to the .css file which is being used my main menu module:

http://www.d3v.clanhq.net/img/academic.css

Here are the screnshots in 3 different browsers:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it might be your FF because I just tried it and the colors look identical. To the naked eye, at least (and a well-trained one at that ), it looks great.
    Fesh
    imagine what it's going to be like

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually I was wrong when I said it was not a XHTML validity issue. After I run about 5-6 checks from W3C and fixed the template issues. The problem went away.. Forgot to post that I fixed. thanks for reply again

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FF? I assume you mean Fx? They look the same colour to me, IE 6 and Fx 1.0.4 on Windows XP Professional.

Edit: Didn't read your post above, sorry!
    Equentity, LLC - Coming Soon

Have a question? Ask here

CSS & JS/DOM Adept bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish more people would believe me when I tell them that validating X/HTML and CSS can fix some rendering problems.

Most people refer to Firefox as FF. I'm not sure why the Mozilla guys prefer abbreviating it as Fx.
    We miss you, Dan Schulz.
    Learn CSS. | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator
    Dynamic Site Solutions
    Code for Firefox, Chrome, Safari, & Opera, then add fixes for IE, not vice versa.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Equentity, LLC - Coming Soon

Have a question? Ask here

bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The preferred abbreviation is "Fx" or "fx".
    http://www.mozilla.org/support/firef...ell-abbreviate
    Simon Pieters