User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Combining queries...

Code:
    mysql_select_db("bucktown");
    safe_query("SELECT * from tips where verify=1 and zone='".$zone."' order by date desc");

safe_query("SELECT DATE_FORMAT(date, '%m/%d/%Y') as date from tips where tip_id='".$row["tip_id"]."'");

mysql_select_db("main");
    safe_query("SELECT username FROM user WHERE userid='".$row["userid"]."'");
    I have 3 queries that I want to combine to 1 if possible, the first 2 are on the same database, the other one is from my vB database, which I am using for user authentication.

What I am really curious about is the first 2. I can't figure out how to format the date how I want it in the first query, it gets the date, but then I ask for it again, so that I can get it in the right format. Can I do this?

Code:
    safe_query("SELECT * from tips where verify=1 and zone='".$zone."' DATE_FORMAT(date, '%m/%d/%Y') order by date desc");

You want what? By when?? Milamber's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PHP Code:
    safe_query("SELECT * from tips where verify=1 and zone='".$zone."' order by date desc");

safe_query("SELECT DATE_FORMAT(date, '%m/%d/%Y') as date from tips where tip_id='".$row["tip_id"]."'"); 

to --->

PHP Code:
    safe_query("SELECT insert_actual_field_names_from_tips_table_here, DATE_FORMAT(date, '%m/%d/%Y') as date  FROM tips WHERE verify=1 and zone='$zone' ORDER BY date DESC"); 
    you need to actually instead of just saying * for all fields, specify the fields....that's how i'd do it anyhow.
    -Jeff Minard | jrm.cc - Battlefield 2 Stats

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    COOL! Thanks!