SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Automate importing of 200 + documents.

I have recently taken on a project that is more involved than the normal 'brochureware' websites that are my normal projects. This project involves securing the website and then making parts of it accessible to certain users only. In this case, the users are customers who will be accessing their own individual pricing sheets showing how much they have to pay for the items they purchase from my client, the wholesaler.

There are roughly 200 customers and thus there will be roughly 200 individual pricing pages. Is there a method I can use (other than to manually bring in all 200 pages as HTML pages) using PHP or some other database to automate this project in some way? I have no idea, so if I am off base or in the wrong forum with this question I apologize.

Thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What form are they in now? PDF? Word? Do they change, or are they static?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are MS Word documents - and they change .... thanks for the further help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Word documents? geez.. How is the pricing generated, i'm guessing they are exported from a database of some sort, access probably.. Otherwise that would be extremely tedious to make pricing pages for 200 individuals and update them.. Usually companies will setup some kind of price bracketing (not sure if thats the correct term, i'm not a business major) but different clients/customers will fit in a bracket, and that bracket can change... All prices are generated based on percentages and what not. Kind of like having "groups" to automate adding users to a system..

If you just want to import microsoft word pages, that is not much of a database solution i wouldnt think anyways. you can save word documents as html, but that would be extremely tedious. You may be able to write some scripts using php (or possibly asp.net or something of that sort, since its m$) to do this automatically. But i'd say if you are having to do that, you arent really solving the problem. Pricing should be held at the database level for many reasons, mainly for ease of management, but it would also help secure the information.