Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

review www.herbsandcures.com

Please review www.herbsandcures.com. I would like to know, are the present positions of the google ads OK in the inner pages??
    Or should I keep them on the left and right side of every page and keep the names of the disease on the center in drop down list....

I hope I am clear.. please suggest me

thank you very much

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    I like the color scheme of your website. It works very well with 'herbs'. It's well organized too!

Now, to answer your question, the current google ads will generate revenue, and are placed in a very good position. They seem 'integrated' into the webpage, so it won't seem that obtrusive. However, I do believe that only one bar of ads is enough. Placing another google ad at the bottom does make it slightly annoying and 'messy'.

Keep the format as is.. don't put the diseases as a 'drop-down'... the list of diseases will give the reader a sense of content,which will make them stick around a little bit longer.

Hope this helps!

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i like the fact you have choosen green for your site - i think you could make it have a little more depth tho, liek a few different shades of green, probably some darker ones in there?

just my opinion!

dee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the layout overall, but I think I'd switch the lime green outline to a dark forest green to add depth. I also think maybe you should work on the heading text. It's obviously just Photoshopped text and the colors, the brown and off whites don't pop. Maybe fewer filters, just a simple drop shadow and outlining.

I agree keep the diseases in a drop down. The google ads on the side is probably the least intrusive option. Lose the little house icon and just go with a simple "home" text link. I'd lose the little arrow icons too, but then I prefer an uncluttered navigation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The overall look is nice. There's an extra line on the right side of the footer. Avoid "<click Here>". Don't ask me to click for detail, when you're just going to bring up a page saying that there's no information. "Tell a Friend" floats above the navigation separator, at least in Safari.

Peter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only get a blank page with "test" written on it? something wrong or... you got a new URL?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overall it's effective and decent looking. If anything it looks a little 'amateurish' as in it could more smooth and fancy looking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi -
    There are some coding errors here that you should probably fix - some tags
    appearing in the page, no alt attribute for images, DW proprietary attributes etc.

Run it through the W3C html validator to help you to spot them...

Liked the header [except for title text - agree that it's very outdated!] and
    overall color scheme.

El
    F-Fox 2.0 :: WIN :: el design :: US

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very good combination of color.
    Purchase any JaduSoft products in 10$ only offer ends 1st July
    Try a Live demo before you purchase, Best software.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I likes it. Not too sure on the graphic in the focus position; perhaps you should get that professionally done by someone here?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A good site

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice overall design but two comments:
    1) Colors - the bright red, imho, doesn't match up with the green. It reminds me of the old '97 webpages with bright colors here and there. Like neon green and bright red.
    2) Adsense - I think theres a little too much adsense in the middle. You have like 4 lines of content sandwiched between ads. If I were a visitor, I would get annoyed. Try blending them to the sides to like the rest of your links.
    Thats all I have for now.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ooh, I LOVE how you've designed this site! It's beautiful and I think the colors go together really well.

I agree with the above recommendation to remove the "click here". Just make the "view details" the link.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this is a very attractive and well set up website and I like the colors. Good information on the diseases and herbal remedies. However, there are a number of grammatical errors that are too numerous for me to list here. I suggest you have a native English speaker read over your site and advise where corrections are needed.

Best of luck with your business!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use a smaller font

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow

HEy! Its green, and its really nice... i feel like buying suppliments when i visit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okie, when I opened the website. BOOM! The image in the center went *splat* into my face followed by the different search on the left and right because of its text size. Though I can understand that you'd like to allow people to choose a different search method, I don't think splitting like that is user friendly. It could cause some confusion. I think square panels might work for the list. For the search, you could maybe use a bullet type selector to allow the visitor to search either from a disease or a herb.

As for the Adsense.. use the long header type jst below the top navigation.

For the content page, I like the implementation of the text ad but the other 2 on the right and bottom, I don't think would work.

Cheers.
    www.dannyfoo.com | Websites Made Simple

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good overall
    My only problem I see that you need to change Red color.. never match with green one
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil ..
    .. is for good men to do nothing"
    Edmund Burke.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice

Arrows are missing in the center column but over all nice layout very pleasant

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something... I was expect when I clicked on the herb to receive more information on the herb itself and how it cures different illnesses. Maybe a bit more back ground on each herb with a picture.

Other wise very informative.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ads & Editorial are like Ranchers & Shepherds

I like the Google ads at the bottom of each page, the ones at the top confused me. I thought they were links within your site. May be if the top ads were separated from the article with a light green line?

"Ads by Google" is on a green field, I was compelled to click on it and was surprised to end up at "Ads by Google". Do you have to put that link in that position/ It says to me that you're all about the ads. Down at the bottom, the link to "Ads by Goooooooogle" seems very appropriate.

I initially like the red Major Headline... contrast is good in this case, but I'm not sure about the word "Click", is there any way you can make it apparent that this is a very important link without the word "Click"?

Just to confirm what Peter saw, ""Tell a Friend" floats above the navigation separator in Safari... and Firefox... and IE 5.2. Macintosh.

All in all, very nice design.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was also confused by the Adlinks, but maybe that's a good thing? If people think it is part of the navigation, they will click them. Problem is, you don't get paid for the firt clickthru on Adlinks, they have to click through the search results. No, I would leave them off myself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing that I think needs fixing is the fact that there is no easy way to get back to the index from any page in yoursite. I think you can play with the colors as well. Play withd ifferent shades of green or other colors that compliment it.
    ATTENTION: Affiliates in the Health Niche
    $297 Product rigorously tested to at least 2% Conversion Rate
    PM for details.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    to be honest, i didn't even see the google ads. i went back to the forum to re-check if you said anything about the ads. very nice. although i'd suggest put a square box of ads in every cure.
    -----
    nature's life probiotic

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The site design is good. It seems a little cluttered and the graphics could do with a bit of an upgrade.

Navigation is good and easy to use.