SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Customizing Forms

Hi,

I'm having a form on my page, and the code is very simple. Here are just some extracts of my code:

<center>
    <blockquote>Your Name<br>
    <input type="text" name="visitor_name" value=""size=18>
    <br>
    <br>
    </blockquote>
    <blockquote>E-mail<br>
    <input type="text" name="visitor_email_address" value=""
    size=18>
    </blockquote>
    <blockquote>Comments<br>
    <textarea name="Comment" rows=5 cols=15></textarea>
    </blockquote>
    <blockquote>
    <input type="submit" name="Submit"
    value="Send">
    </blockquote>
    </center>
    </form>
    But I really wanted to change the appearance of my form, would you have a look at http://www.suzaku.nu/misc/contact/form.html

I would like to change the default greyish border to a different colour, etc. I had a look at her codes, copied and pasted it into my page, but they never worked!

Could anyone give me a direction for this?

TIA.

Prolific Blogger silver trophy Technosailor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what do you mean default grey border? Is this all you want to do with the form?

Sketch
    Aaron Brazell
    Technosailor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In any case, you only posted part of the code. Here's the whole source for that page

When you look at her source code, under each input, there are CSS definitions including border colors for the form entry blanks. Cut and paste this source code into your notepad and save as a webpage. See what I mean?

<html>
    <head>
    <title>contact</title>
    <style type="text/css">
    <!--
    td, p, a, center, ul, li, div { font-family: verdana, tahoma, arial; font-size: 10px };
    B { font-family: verdana, tahoma, arial; font-size: 10px };
    A { text-decoration: none; font-weight: bold; font-family: verdana, tahoma, arial; font-size: 10px };
    -->
    </style>
    </head>

<body bgcolor="white" background="back.gif" text="609664" link="B2CEB4" vlink="B2CEB4" alink="B2CEB4">

<table border="0" width="100%" cellpadding="10" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>
    <div align="justify">

The form below may be used to either send, comments or questions to me. I believe this is much more convenient for the visitor. Please do not take advantage of this form and send me a million empty messages. If this does occur, I will take action.<br><br>

<center><FORM action="http://www.bravenet.com/emailfwd/senddata.asp" method=POST>
    <INPUT type=hidden name=userid value=ic44928>

namebr>
    <INPUT type=text style="color:609664" style="font-family: verdana" style="font-size: 10px" style="background:#F2F8F2; border: 1px solid #000000; " name=name size=20><br>

emailbr>
    <input type=text style="color:609664" style="font-family: verdana" style="font-size: 10px" style="background:#F2F8F2; border: 1px solid #ff0000; " name=email size=20><br>

urlbr>
    <input type=text style="color:609664" style="font-family: verdana" style="font-size: 10px" style="background:#F2F8F2; border: 1px solid #ffff00; " name=url size=20><br>

messagebr>
    <textarea name="comments" cols=22 rows=5 style="color:609664" style="background:#F2F8F2; border:1px solid #609664; " style="font-family: verdana, tahoma, arial" style="font-size: 10px"></textarea><p>

<input type=submit name=submit value="submit" style="color:609664; border: 1 solid #609664" style="background-color:F2F8F2" style="font-family: verdana" style="font-size: 10px">
    <input type=reset name=reset value="reset" style="color:609664; border: 1 solid #609664" style="background-color:F2F8F2" style="font-family: verdana" style="font-size: 10px">
    </form></center><br>

</div>
    </td></tr></table>

</body>
    </html>

Hope this helps.
    Sketch
    Aaron Brazell
    Technosailor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

Thanx for pointing out CSS for me! Which I never realised before.. And it all works out to be perfect!

ps. I love CSS now!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a handy dandy thing, isn't it?

Cheers.
    Sketch
    Aaron Brazell
    Technosailor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I worked with CSS when i worked for KU...it was for developing pages for handicapped surfers to view..well have a program read the code to them anyways...I wish I understood it more so I could really get into using it like so many others are doing...is there a site that explains it to you?? I'm bettin so, but I always have to ask a question or two or three or four...you get the picture....