User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it profitbale?

Hello!

I want to start an internet business. I want to create a site about the internet business, I will write articles and sell ebooks and softwares. What do you think about these sites: http://www.webmasters-webtools.com/
    http://www.software4profit.com?

The softwares has resale rights. Is it worth to sing up and resell the softwares?

Is a business like this profitable? How many visitors should I have to earn a good money?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

have a market in mind first

Do you already have a site? An audience?

A friend of mine wants to do this with dating software (more like a friend of a friend's cousin whose kid I once taught math). My advice:

1.) Start a free site with articles on dating....learn how to do things the hard way (yourself) and see who is visiting your site.

2.) Register a snappy domain and do the same thing, now try to ad affiliate programs and advertisements. Promote, promote, promote.

3.) Once the visitors start coming in, decide whether to start your own dating site or just continue with the affiliate and ad income.

Hope this helps.

SitePoint Evangelist downloads_be's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It greatly depends on how targetted your visitors are but you'll most likely require a lot for your business to be profitable.

I can also advise you what vammirato says: build it up gradually and don't start with the idea to get rich while you sleep in 6 months ...

Internet businesses can be very profitable but the work to keep it optimized, up to date, fresh and new, is often underestimated

Good luck to you ligel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before you pay money for resale rights, you should concentrate on building up a website, and putting a few affiliate products on it (you can use ClickBank to earn up to 75% commissions, selling eBooks). Once you start making sales, you should then re-assess, and decide whether to continue with the affiliate programs, buy resales rights to something, or create a product of your own.
    -- Jeremy Maddock
    SEOMix.com - Search Engine Optimization Tips
    My Blog - Business, tech, and politics from a webmaster's perspective