SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Developing using Non-Roman text

I have been asked to ad a section of Non-Roman text to the site I am developing here.
    I have been sent the text as a formated HTML Page, which displays correctly in the browser. But If I copy the HTML from that's page source in to my page in Dreamweaver (source mode) the resulting page will just have rows of question marks instead of the non-roman text (which displayed fine before), anyone got any clues as to what is going on.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This sounds like a text encoding problem? The new version of Safari has had a few error such as this, it has been displaying incorrect characters such as ? and diamonds and other such oddities.

I would try and use a text cleaning application to change the character encoding, youu don't specify which platform you are developing on?

If you working within Dreamweaver you can select which character encoding you are using the preference panel I would use utf-8 for international characters.

But that is as far as my knowledge goes i am sure there are others who have a wider knowledge on this subject that can help..