User Tag List

Thread: Portal Software

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Portal Software

Hi,

I am currently seeking good solution, ready-to-go PORTAL software, to built B2C portal. Yes I found many. One that is most likely to be my choice is DynaPortal at http://www.dynaportal.com. It's price is a little bet high. Anyway, I would like to seek some advice: if anyone used their software? can anyone suggest any other solutions? etc.

Help will be appritiated,

Best,

Tomasz Zolnierczyk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that link doesn't work. what features do you want?

a lot people praise phpnuke even though it looks like overkill and cheese layout. all the phpnuke sites i've seen look the same to me. maybe the kids have a lack of design savvy or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It all depends on what you need.

There are alot of portal scripts. The biggest one is hyperseek.com, Indexu.com
    NetMaxx.com: WordPress Premium Themes Directory

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

I am sorry:

The correct link was: http://www.dynaportal.com

What do you think. Is it worth it? Are there better softs?

Best Regards,

Netscape

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My computer: Dell Latitude CPx | P3 650/500 w/ 256 MB RAM | 15" 1024x768 | IE 5.5 DSL
    gO rEd SoX! | "The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return" - Christian, Moulin Rouge
    l e a r n t o q u e s t i o n | c l i o 3 6 0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, PHPNuke does not work for me - it's more like web log software, has many great featurers, already tried that.

I am looking for more professional solution to build a community portal...

Now, I have found out-of-box soft like DynaPortal, or else, I am asking for the opinion before I buy it. Any other softs out there?

Best Regards,

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I certainly wont knock dynaportal, if I could afford it I'd be using it!!! I don't recall how many links they have to sites that use dynaportal, but there are some really nice places using it.

About six months ago I was seriously thinking of using it but the cost vs current income for my community site just doesn't work out. I also looked at communityarchitect.com.

The main feature I was looking for was the ability to allow local businesses to create their own page within my site for a fee. This is the main income producer for my site. I did a ton of research into scripts that would work for this. What I found that I think will work for me is Ultra 5 from rlaj.com.

Ultra 5 has over 100 templated sites that users can access, post pics of their own or select from an image library, add their own pages, text, etc., all with just a browser. There is even an advanced editor for those that know html. It even has a built in trial period and demo area. As admin you have the ability to control the number of pages you allow each user. I can't say enough about my hopes and goals for utilizing this program. (No...I have no affiliation, or profit motive in this.)

I haven't checked recently, but doesn't dynaportal cost like 20k, plus 10k for the addition to allow users to build pages? They also have a lease program...that's what I looked into. The Ultra 5 is about 2k, I borrowed the 2k for about 60 bucks a month...already making 75 a month from 2 sales and I dont have it live yet. The other things that dynaportal has so nicely built in I'll just have to add in pieces and incorporate things the best I can myself.

For another community site I'm trying to get going I'm gonna try using vBulletin with vbPortal as a front end. www.vbportals.com Again, no where near a dynaportal solution, yet many options, and with the Ultra 5, I think it will work to use as an income producing community site. Here's a community site using vbportals: www.islandchat.net

Good luck, let us know what you do!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not to be a schill, but our company produces community/portal software, so if you have not checked it out already, you might like to. See the link in my signature.

'Portal' is kind of a broad term nowadays, I might be able to provide some suggestions if I had a better idea of what features you are looking to offer. Hyperseek was mentioned earlier, and I agree that it is great software if you want to put together a site that revolves around a search directory.

I'm not too familiar with the ins and outs of DynaPortal, so I can't really help you there unfortunately.