SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Building on a niche market

Been building a lot of sites for clients for so long, I had to go out and do a site just to run for myself. Its a classified ad / marketplace style in which users and the public can post ads online.

Now that I have had the site online for a while, its finally hitting the 'self sufficient' level where the content is giving me return visitors and better traffic.

http://www.crmercado.com/costa_rica/categories.cfm

I am wanting to have a lot more users fill out the category list I have created. Its getting there, but there is a lot more that I want listed.

Want to start bringing in traffic, specifically people who would be interested in posting an ad and building up the database. The sites topic is "Costa Rica's Free marketplace/free advertising", I assume my keywords would be close. Those who post are happy that they can get an ad online without having to setup a website. Thats one of the major draws I have here.

How do I go about finding users with this particular type of interest and bringing them to the site?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Build content around it. As long as the content is original, you can bring in a lot of traffic. Just build a Costa Rica community site, information about Costa Rica and its attractions. Content = Google. Google = Traffic. Traffic = $$$

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly. My content is new ads! People are coming back to the site because of the content already, as I said in the post.

I am simply, trying to fish the pool out there specifically for people who would be interested in posting an ad to promote their business. I signed up for an adwords account but am having trouble finding the right keywords to shoot for.

What type of keywords would people be using if they were trying to promote their business?

Then, how do I find those people. I dont mind paying to bring traffic in, but simply not sure how to properly filter for the right people. In my case, the right 100 beats throwing 100,000 people at the site.