SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

exporting Fireworks html PROBLEM!

Hi,
    i have a problem with the cousins fireworks and dreamweaver. I create my design in fireworks. I make all the page design with fireworks (like http://www.areacool.com/index7.htm ), layout and graphics. I don't make parts and then associate them through a html editor. I create all the page design in fireworks, then export it as an html file, then open it with dreamweaver and work with contents through dreamweaver ( with the fireworks design which has been exported as an html document). But there is a problem, obviously. I've heard many many bad things about layers ( that it's not seen in some browsers, and that it changes place through different screen size,....), and don't wanna use layers with my webpages. But here is the fact, when i export a page-design in fireworks to an html document, it saves the html document all in tables. It's just like one block of tables with the design ( you'll view it when you go to http://www.areacool.com/index7.htm , you'll see all the page with graphics when loading, or you can open it in a html editor (prefebly dreamweaver to see the real thing) , and you'll see all the graphics has been cut in many parts and reassociated automatically with tables. But here comes the problem, how to add content on the design, the only solution is using LAYERs ???, please don't tell me there is no solution , as you can't put tables over tables. I thought if something, maybe make the image become the background of the table, if that's the solution, please tell me the code for the table background,

thanx for your attention and comprehension,
    Brian

Ps: Sorry if i already posted a thread with the same subject/problem, if that was the case , the previous thread didn't gave me any solution.
    Hey i've read Sitepoint history, started with a free-hosting, webmaster-resource.com, cool story, i'm dreaming same
    BrianStudio - the webdesign company
    Professional & Affordable
    Brian Dove - Senior Graphic Designer
    Direct Hire: info@brianstudio.com

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey,
    where do u wanna place your content? If it's that big white space in the middle you're talking about, just slice the whole fireworks file in the way that the whole big white space is one slice. Then, when you open it in dreamweaver, just delete that particular slice. Add your content.

Another way is to set it as a table background image. You can do it in dreamweaver.
    http://winnielim.com- Portfolio site

Blissed off
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by xharine
    Hey,
    where do u wanna place your content? If it's that big white space in the middle you're talking about, just slice the whole fireworks file in the way that the whole big white space is one slice. Then, when you open it in dreamweaver, just delete that particular slice. Add your content.

Another way is to set it as a table background image. You can do it in dreamweaver.
    I agree! It's exactly the way I do it on my site.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey Thanx,
    i didn't know this trick. but did you know that it maximize your page "space", after i sliced my page, it jumped from 24Kb to 49Kb, nearly x2 .Is there a way to prevent it?,
    Thanx,
    Brian

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just delete that big white slice in dreamweaver, and rest assured that the page size will be much smaller. don't look at the size in fireworks.
    http://winnielim.com- Portfolio site

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe a little bit more hands on coding would eliminate most of your headaches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe a GOOD link could help me out!,
    many people told me that i should learn coding, but could you give me some good links with good, comprehensive and not very long tutorials on coding ,
    Thanx,
    brian

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This will get you started.

http://www.w3schools.com/

There is really no substitute for experience though.