SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

commweb
    SitePoint Community Guest

Opinions on Submit Wolf?

Hi,
    Does anybody have any opinion or experience with Trellians Submit Wolf? It seems to be quite expensive, and just wondered if anybody had considered it a worthwhile investment and if they were happy with what they have got.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not worth the money any more. I use it for some years now, but since most searchengines require a image/text verification you will submit your site only to worthless ffa listings

commweb
    Oh!!
    So then what do you actually get for $150? Surely their must be some kind of advantage to this software? I am just wondering what exactly it mainly does. I appreciate you can't just automatically submit to places such as directories and suchlike, but is their not some value in this?

I've checked out their listing with download.com and they have 4.5 out of 5 in terms of readers review, although not actually read any reviews, thats generally quite high.

I'm just trying to find out what you get for your money that you can't do your self. Eg. if it saves time etc.etc.

Thanks for your opinion though!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by commweb
    Oh!!
    So then what do you actually get for $150? Surely their must be some kind of advantage to this software? I am just wondering what exactly it mainly does. I appreciate you can't just automatically submit to places such as directories and suchlike, but is their not some value in this?

I've checked out their listing with download.com and they have 4.5 out of 5 in terms of readers review, although not actually read any reviews, thats generally quite high.

I'm just trying to find out what you get for your money that you can't do your self. Eg. if it saves time etc.etc.

Thanks for your opinion though!!
    Any search engine worth it's salt will find you via it's spiders if other web sites link to you.

Perhaps the rating on download.com is given by people who don't know any better.

The software is a complete wast of money.

Simon

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Instead try Internet Business Promoter edition 8.0 which lets find link exchange partners.

Also, you may choose Addweb7 which has its own link exchange network.

Both tools above are great for SEO and link exchange.

Some SitePoint users say it is not worth getting these tools as you can do everything without them. However, I think automation with them makes you go faster.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All these submission programs are useless. Maybe in 1999 they worked well, but no longer. Submitting a site is not hard, or even necessary. First of all, Google, Yahoo, and MSN are basically it. The other 2,000 'search engines' these submission programs target are all worthless.

Secondly, once your site is indexed by Google, it will be back without you resubmitting. If you have inbound links, Google (Yahoo and MSN) will find you that way. If you have no inbound links, you're never going anywhere anyways. Submitting is really just a waste of time. No matter how hard you bang on Google's door, you're not going anywhere unless you have (and the more the better) inbound links from other sites.

And yeah, if you're targeting an extremely niche subject you may not need any inbound links, but the 'submission' part is totally not necessary, and it's especially not something that needs to be automated with software. There are only a handful of engines. And submitting too much to any engine, like every damn page, is definately not going to help.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    exactly, search engine submission is a completely waste of time. Directory submission (SEO frinedly) will help your search engine rankings

commweb
    So it seems the general opinion is that its a universal waste of money.
    Ok well thanks for all the tips.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that if an automated program can manage to add you to 300 - 500 of the 2000 directories, is good enough to give you some extra traffic, and a better ranking in search engines (from the inbound links)

But I think that we must have an opinion from someone that have used a program like that recently.

phpLD Fanatic bronze trophy dvduval's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I have had much better luck outsourcing to a company that does hand submissions. This company is constantly making submissions, and they know the best directories. They give me these pretty reports with the actual links to my pages, as well as the pagerank. I get reports at regular intervals.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which company would that be and how much do they charge? Sounds interesting.