SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Google Vs. Searchfeed

Anybody used both extensively and have a definitive answer on payouts? My clients were complaining about the google ads either advertising their competitors or being completely out of line with the site (one of my clients has a first name of Gay and it was causing all sorts of weird ads to display).

Luckily(?), right when they starting complaining, google dropped me for invalid clicks and somebody here turned me onto searchfeed.com which can be made to look almost the same as google (you can see it in my site's main page) and I choose the keywords.

For example, I run a realty services site that caters to local area realtors. With google, the realtors' competitors sites were showing up. With search feed I can target keywords that relate (like moving services or mortgage broker) and still have high payouts.

If the payouts ae comparable (and reliable) then I don't see why I should switch back to google.

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The payouts are reliable, but the bid prices can be lower. Still, by specifying your keywords, you can make more than with GOogle since Google's targetting is not perfect.

On a side note, it sounds like you were running adsense on a business site. Thats poor form. Business sites aren't there to make money from ads. Any ad that distracts someone from the products or services your business offers is counter-intuitive to putting the business online in the first place.
    Chris Beasley - I publish content and ecommerce sites.
    Featured Article: Free Comprehensive SEO Guide
    My Guide to Building a Successful Website
    My Blog|My Webmaster Forums

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

side note addressed

We have a two-tier structure that is currently under development.

The main business is designing sites for client's homes. The second tier is advertising those homes to the general public to try and earn a referral commision with the listing agent.

But you were right about the advertisements not working at first....too targeted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your product is good, nothing will distract the user

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For a business/ecommerce website, it's okay to put ads on your links pages, and pages within your site that are about complimentary services, etc., but linking to competitors on your product pages really doesn't make sense. If you are trying to sell a product or service of your own, it's always better to focus your site towards that end.
    -- Jeremy Maddock
    SEOMix.com - Search Engine Optimization Tips
    My Blog - Business, tech, and politics from a webmaster's perspective

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vammirato
    Anybody used both extensively and have a definitive answer on payouts? My clients were complaining about the google ads either advertising their competitors or being completely out of line with the site (one of my clients has a first name of Gay and it was causing all sorts of weird ads to display).

Luckily(?), right when they starting complaining, google dropped me for invalid clicks and somebody here turned me onto searchfeed.com which can be made to look almost the same as google (you can see it in my site's main page) and I choose the keywords.

For example, I run a realty services site that caters to local area realtors. With google, the realtors' competitors sites were showing up. With search feed I can target keywords that relate (like moving services or mortgage broker) and still have high payouts.

If the payouts ae comparable (and reliable) then I don't see why I should switch back to google.
    is it the grey boxes at the bottom that are your searchfeed links? is that way they .look like?

thanks

chris

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by captainequity
    is it the grey boxes at the bottom that are your searchfeed links? is that way they .look like?

thanks

chris
    Actually they are running on the side of my main page and recent listings pages. The grey boxes are rss news feeds from feed2javascript...clicks on those don't make any money (but it is easy, dynamic content).

V_V