SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

fad (n): a craze; interest... Fahd's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Provide all IAB size creatives, not just 468x60 banners!

Just a small tip to all you advertisers and especially those running affiliate programs. Make it a point to have at least 1 of every IAB ad size. Not just the larger sizes and 468x60s. Concentrate and develop the more popular sizes, but have at least 1 creative for all sizes. This alone might get you the upper hand over your competitors; at least among your affiliates.

I'm severely disappointed when I find the perfect affiliate program to promote, only to find that all they have are 468x60's.

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've taken to designing my own ads for affiliate programs many times. Sometimes I even donate them to the companies and they have added them to the sites. It's a shame they don't bother to make more sizes. I have 728x90 blocks, 300x250 blocks, etc and always need more ads to stick in there.

fad (n): a craze; interest... Fahd's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow...those companies must be really thankful to you. I just cant see myself doing that as I promote quite a large number of offers. I'm really lacking 728x90 on CJ offers and I dropped them a general note about it. On one occassion I had someone sneak me a few leaderboards from azoogle. I dont understand why they didnt upload leadersboards to CJ when they had them up on azoogle. Ofcourse, azoogle wouldnt respond to my email request as usual.

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahd
    Wow...those companies must be really thankful to you.
    They usually are. I made some for SitePoint once (for one of their new books) and they made it into an affiliate mailing

Quote Originally Posted by Fahd
    I just cant see myself doing that as I promote quite a large number of offers. I'm really lacking 728x90 on CJ offers and I dropped them a general note about it. On one occassion I had someone sneak me a few leaderboards from azoogle. I dont understand why they didnt upload leadersboards to CJ when they had them up on azoogle. Ofcourse, azoogle wouldnt respond to my email request as usual.
    Same problem, don't understand it either. I was looking for web hosting affiliate programs with 728x90 banners on cj.com, and while there are more now than half a year ago, there still aren't many banners up there.

Many of these hosts run affiliate programs on their sites outside of CJ as well, those mostly being for their customers to recruit friends/family, at a lower commission, as opposed to the serious affiliate marketers going through CJ. The weird thing is that I sign up for most of these as well, and find that they often have a larger assortment of ad creatives there than they've uploaded to CJ. I grab those banners and use them too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WARNING WILL ROBINSON - WARNING!

Don't use standard IAB size banners! They get blocked by Norton and stripped out at the souce code level so you can't see them, much less clicks them.

Use 1 pixel smaller in each dimension OR be sure the image size does not display in your HTML.
    Linda Buquet :: Affiliate Management Consultant
    Discover High Paying, High Integrity 5 Star Affiliate Programs
    Leading Affiliate Marketing Blog :: Pro Affiliate Forums

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ....and boycott Norton.
    Chris Beasley - I publish content and ecommerce sites.
    Featured Article: Free Comprehensive SEO Guide
    My Guide to Building a Successful Website
    My Blog|My Webmaster Forums

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm severely disappointed when I find the perfect affiliate program to promote, only to find that all they have are 468x60's.
    I agree. Any program that is truely serious about pleasing their affiliates should have a wide variety of ad formats (including some that won't get blocked by Norton).
    -- Jeremy Maddock
    SEOMix.com - Search Engine Optimization Tips
    My Blog - Business, tech, and politics from a webmaster's perspective