SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LiveHelper? HumanClick?

Has anyone had any good or bad experiences with either?

Thanks!

kat
    TheWeighWeWere.com - Weight Loss Success Stories from A to Z!

oops, I did it again...re-relaunced July '07

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used HumanClick - haven't used LiveHelper. I stopped using HumanClick because there wasn't really any purpose for it in relation to my site's theme. If you are selling something or offer services, definitely go with one of these. I think you will be fine with either, I would be interested in to hear if someone has had bad experiences with one of these. Good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use HumanClick on my site and have to say its a great asset to the site... i have probably made 3-4 extra sales of Max-eMail in the 1 1/2 months ive been using it!
    SiteOptions >> Services :: Products :: Contact
    Developers of PHP, C++, Visual Basic, MySQL, and more!

SitePoint Cofounder Mark Harbottle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would suggest that you don't use LiveHelper.

If you want our experiences with them I could talk all day. Let's just say that they owe SitePoint a significant amount of money and they have since disappeared.

We can't contact anyone in the company, their phone number goes to an exchange board service. Our debt collectors are even having troubles tracking down someone.

Forget about them. DeadHelper is what they should be called!
    Mark Harbottle - Co-Founder
    sitepoint.com - Master The Web!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use 'em both side-by-side!
    No Joke, check out .www.artoparoli.com

I tried LiveHelper because it has VOIP that let the other party talk(like a phone) to U. But it can't tell if wether or not your r online. So I need HumanClick to show my online status. But so far the VOIP is dissapointing.

Conclusion, HumanClick is good enough.

SitePoint Enthusiast SFWoA_Online's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have used Humanclick one my first website GigaCoasters2k. It was nice knowing where everyone was coming from, and what was the most popular sections on my site.

HumanClick is the better choice!
    Six Flags Worlds of Adventure Online
    http://sfwoa.coasterbuzz.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use HumanClick, and we've found it very beneficial. It's a great way of making first contact with prospective clients who might not have contacted you otherwise. I always make sure to ask for a name and email at some point and follow up chats with a more detailed email (since chats can be somewhat rushed by nature).

I've never worked with LiveHelper, so I can't comment on it.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RE:

I put HumanClick on my site basically to assist my visitors if they ran into any problems. (You can monitor the pages that each visitor visits in real-time.)

The only problem with HumanClick is that it only supports one chat session at a time, a big thumbs-down if you are working with a team. (You can upgrade for a monthly fee.)

I later learned about LiveHelper. I put their service up on my site with much success. There are many helpful features such as unlimited chats and operators, push HTML pages, and more. The user-interface is more difficult to understand than is HumanClick.

After using Livehelper for a few days, their server went down, causing several hours of JavaScript errors on every page of my medium-traffic site. I asked customer support about it, in which they didn't have much to say.

(Note: You can, however, remove the JavaScript function that would cause this error if the server was down.)

---
    http://www.computertim.com - your source for free computer training, tips, and more. All for free!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ComputerTim, when did you use HumanClick? I ask because we signed up for it a few months back and have always been able to handle multiple chats and have several operators. And no, we didn't bother upgrading to one of the pay packages. It's possible that they've improved the free package since last time you looked at it.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just used it recently. (About 1 month ago.)

Here's a link to their Products/Prices page, describing the services offered for each package:

http://www.humanclick.com/products/services.htm

I'm surprised that you can have more than one chat at the same time. The products page says only one, and I had problems starting up a second chat with either the same operator or a different operator.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, they've definitely cut down their free package. I guess they weren't making enough money. I'm glad they left their existing customers alone. When we signed up there was no limit on concurrent chats, we have real-time monitoring and repeat visitor identification. We didn't bother upgrading to a payed version because the only reason would have been canned responses, push page, transcripts, no HumanClick ads, and customized buttons. Either they weren't making enough money, or else in their early roll out they decided to make the free version more appealing so that they could get people using it (easy marketing). I also noticed that their payed plans have gone up significantly in price - when I signed up I think they were 20-something and 40-something, no its $50 and $90. That's too bad since it is a really useful tool for small businesses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went into a live chat with a HumanClick rep not too long ago and asked if they had a free version and they said "no". I guess they had a free service before and now no longer have it at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm definitely glad that we licensed HumanClick when we did! It continues to pay off well in drawing in customers - I handle preliminary questions through HumanClick and then get their name and email to submit a more detailed follow up. Having such a service is ideal, and might be worth the investment if you have the money.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy Jeremy W.'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow... I used to use the free service and was very impressed with it
    SVP Marketing, SoCast SRM
    Personal blog: Strategerize
    Twitter: @jeremywright

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brave Net Version

Just in case some of you are unaware. BraveNet.com has a Humanclick service for FREE. They use their own servers and have added some different images for you to use. The software is exactly the same though. I used to use Human Click about 6 months ago and wanted to start again to find out I had to pay, but I found this nice alternative.

It is exactly the same thing guys and it is free. Check it out.
    talkphp.com - come join the community.