User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any good ads for streaming video

Hi,

I am looking to launch a site that will have video hosting as one of its features - the only problem is i am well aware of the bandwidth that will chew up.

Therefore, my query is, does anyone know of any agencies that deal in video inserts?

I am not really looking to turn a profit on this for a while yet, but I dont want to lose money either - imagine being in a position where each new visitor costs you money lol, to promote or not to promote...

anyway, I cant find any, and if anyone knows of any, I will be v grateful.

Failing that, can anyone think of any good high cpm alternative (rich media?) that will subsidise this, so I can drive traffic in, knowing that we are roughly breaking even

Thanks in advance

Chris

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only one I know of is loudcash's media protector thingy it'll let your preview the movie for 10 seconds and you have to click yes on the adware prompt to watch the rest of the movie. (url: http://www.loudcash.com) The only negative about this is the moral of doing this since noone likes adaware but than again loudcash adware is pretty easy to remove .

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hey
    The only one I know of is loudcash's media protector thingy it'll let your preview the movie for 10 seconds and you have to click yes on the adware prompt to watch the rest of the movie. (url: http://www.loudcash.com) The only negative about this is the moral of doing this since noone likes adaware but than again loudcash adware is pretty easy to remove .
    thanks, hey...so it installs adware...hmmm

lol, daym, this is what ive been reduced to...hehe...

thanks for the advice, it seems i may have to keep on searching, but i do appreciate the help

any1 else

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not try to make your own video ads? I think that it is market that people are more apt to advertise in as you can have easier animation, larger file sizes (usually), and sound. If you could get advertisers who have the videos already made and charge them large advertising cost, you could probably have a nice amount of money rolling in.

You should also limit the amount of people that you'll host, until you get all of the ads setup.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by charmedlover
    Why not try to make your own video ads? I think that it is market that people are more apt to advertise in as you can have easier animation, larger file sizes (usually), and sound. If you could get advertisers who have the videos already made and charge them large advertising cost, you could probably have a nice amount of money rolling in.

You should also limit the amount of people that you'll host, until you get all of the ads setup.
    ...cool, that sounds great but also a little daunting...how easy do you think it would be to do that? Im just wondering how I would find such companies...what the good pools to look in would be...I guess an online pool for webmasters who advertise would be a good place to start...thanks, nice idea

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will one of your services include AUDIO hosting? If so, pm me!

Massimiliano Bruno Giordano sid egg's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by captainequity
    ...cool, that sounds great but also a little daunting...how easy do you think it would be to do that? Im just wondering how I would find such companies...what the good pools to look in would be...I guess an online pool for webmasters who advertise would be a good place to start...thanks, nice idea
    You could sign up for a CPA company like Azoogleads who will let you promote their product in essentially anyway you'd like as long as it is you know, legal, and business-like, then make your own advertisements for their offers...
    GamesLib.com - the slickest, most complete and
    easily navigatible flash games site on the web.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat
    Will one of your services include AUDIO hosting? If so, pm me!
    sorry kat, it wont, it will be purely video...although one of my friends is setting up a free audio hosting site, so you could use that if thats what u mean...

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sid egg
    You could sign up for a CPA company like Azoogleads who will let you promote their product in essentially anyway you'd like as long as it is you know, legal, and business-like, then make your own advertisements for their offers...
    thanks, sid, i will have another look at azoogleads...