SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daimaju
    What version of eclipse are you using? i tried it with 3.1 SDK, 3.1, 3.0.1.
    With 3.1 SDK i got it working, but then i installed TruStudio (never used PHPEclipse too) and TruStudio wouldn't work. The other way round it was the same.

But perhaps it's only me being stupid

I'd really like to run tests with 1-2 mouseclicks, but having the choice between being able to use TruStudio XOR Simpletest Plugin i'd go for Trustudio
    You need to download the maintenance build for it to work in 3.1. As for Simpletest, it works fine with turstudio.

George
    Got Sig!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello all,

My name is Steve Balthazor, I am the one who has hacked together the Eclipse plugin. Marcus pointed me over here yesterday.

I just released a new version of the plugin (< 1 hour ago) which solves many of the installatioin issues that most people were having. This release also provides support for group tests (please see the readme.pdf file included with the release for details).

I use the trustudio plugin as well (and love it) and had noticed that something I did in the past week or so did something so that php files in "PHP Source Folders" are not able to be right clicked and run via simpletest. I have not had time to figure out what the cause of the problem is -- though this is on the top of my list for the weekend (I have been concentrating on compatability issues so far -- php 4/5, eclipse 3.0/3.1, removing curl, removing dependency on php cli). There is a workaround of sorts...
    1. change your perspective to a "Resource Perspective"
    2. find the file you want to run the test on and right click on it and select Run->Simpletest
    3. this will run the test and also put it into the queue of recently run "things"
    4. if you switch back to the PHP perspective you should be able to run the test by hitting the right arrow inside the green circle in the tool bar (you can also choose to run one of the last few tests you have previously run).

Alternately you can always manually create the test runner by selecting Run->Run... from the menu bar and creating a new entry in the simpletest category.

The problem *appears* to be that the Xored plugin mangles the path somehow so that the simpletest plugin cannot find the right path.

All this being said -- I plan to have a fix by the end of the weekend -- assuming its fixable .

Regards,
    Steven Balthazor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just tested the 0.0.4 plugin it with (php)Eclipse3.1/php5.0.4/Windows XP and now the Result View appeared..

But it says: runs 0/0 failures: 0 errors: 0

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to Tim, some more installation bugs have been fixed.

I have also fixed the Xored plugin problem -- it should work with the Xored plugin no problem now.

The latest plugin release is on the simpletest sourceforge page.

Please let me know if you are having any problems installing, I want to fix all the installation problems possible.

Regards,
    Steve Balthazor

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when running php5.1 Beta 3 i get this error:
    Code:
    Fatal error: Only variables can be passed by reference in d:\Programme\eclipse\plugins\net.sf.simpletest.eclipse_0.0.5\php\simpletest\simple_test.php on line 353
    to fix this change line 353 from
    PHP Code:
                $this->addTestCase($this->_createGroupFromClasses($test_file$classes)); 
    to
    PHP Code:
    $groupfromclasses $this->_createGroupFromClasses($test_file$classes);
    $this->addTestCase($groupfromclasses); 

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Hai Guys, I need your help

Hai Guys,

Recently i joined a software company as a programmer. Actually i cant understand about the "PhpUnit test" concept. Anybody can explain me about this, if so. Please

i'll be waiting for your Reply Guys,

Regards
    Basha.H

eschew sesquipedalians silver trophy sweatje's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might want to review this presentation I gave at PHPLondon last week as an introduction to the subject.
    Jason Sweat ZCE - jsweat_php@yahoo.com
    Book: PHP Patterns
    Good Stuff: SimpleTest PHPUnit FireFox ADOdb YUI
    Detestable (adjective): software that isn't testable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweatje
    You might want to review this presentation I gave at PHPLondon last week as an introduction to the subject.
    Thanks for dropping in to PHPL last week, Jason.

Matt. (The tall, loud one. )

eschew sesquipedalians silver trophy sweatje's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Off Topic:

Quote Originally Posted by Mincer
    Thanks for dropping in to PHPL last week, Jason.

Matt. (The tall, loud one. )
    Glad I could do it, had a great time. Glad Marcus talked me into doing a presentation. Hard to be taller or louder than me, particularly if you have people doing terrible American pop song kareoke in the background Not a typical London pub experience I think
    Jason Sweat ZCE - jsweat_php@yahoo.com
    Book: PHP Patterns
    Good Stuff: SimpleTest PHPUnit FireFox ADOdb YUI
    Detestable (adjective): software that isn't testable.