SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Macintosh incompatibility -- I need your help PLEASE!

I am working on a Web page template that does not display correctly in Macintosh--especially in AOL. I have gone over my code with a fine tooth comb and cannot figure out where the problem is, or, more importantly, how to fix it. Exacerabating this issue is the fact I do not have access to a Macintosh.

If you are a Macintosh user, would you please visit http://www.glasspoole.com/temp/parker/index.htm and help me figure out where my design flaws lie.

(Even if you're not a Macintosh user, I'd appreciate feedback on what you think of the design overall.)

If you have ideas/suggestions for me to try, please e-mail me personally at JGlasspo@aol.com.

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Joanne Glasspoole
    www.glasspoole.com

In a big, big house, with lotsa lotsa room
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joanne,

I am on a Macintosh, but not AOL. The site looks fine in both IE 5.0 and NN 4.7, and everything reflows nicely when I resize my browser window. There doesn't appear to be any portion of that page that's displaying wrong.

If you'd like, I can e-mail some screen captures to you.

One comment: because you've defined font-size in your style in points, the text gets a bit too small to read comfortably in Netscape.

********* Callithumpian silver trophy freakysid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you fixed the problem you were having? Because that page looks fine to me. PowerMac 9600/300 on NN 4.08, NS 6.01, IE 5.

Yes, I even fired up NS 6, walked the dog, had a cuppa, clipped my toenails then waited some more for it to load and checked out your page in it. I have a screen dump if you want to see it email me with your return email address.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your feedback

I appreciate your feedback! Thanks.
    Joanne Glasspoole
    www.glasspoole.com

We are vigilant icehousedesigns's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats funny that you posted this.

I recently resolved an issue where my site was fine on PC's, and even Netscrape on a MAC..but IE on a MAC the text was all crunched together. Turns out it was a problem with the style sheets being used...Font height and leading wasn't specified.