SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cropping an image online

Hey guys,

This might be in the wrong forum, but it deals with php. I've been searching around online for an image editor that you can use in your browser. I've seen a couple cool ones, but they're all overkill. Does anyone know of a simple image editor that allows you to crop out photos and upload the cropped image to the site.

Basically its to create headshots. Somoen has a fullbody image that needs to be cropped just for a specifed dimension 130h x 70w. Similar to a postage stamp. You grab the tile of 130 x 70w and move it over the image onto the face area then click upload. The image that gets upload is only the image that was cropped into the 130x70 rectangle.

Anyone seen somethign like this around? If not, how difficult would it be to create if you use some standard image libraries for php?

If anyone has the skills, i'd be willing to pay for a simple script that can do this (this part should be in the work for hire forum, but its and aside if it doesnt already exist online). Please let me know. Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is pretty easy, you just need to extract a portion of the source image and put the data in another image. GD library that accompanies PHP (under normal installations) makes this task extremely easy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigduke
    This is pretty easy, you just need to extract a portion of the source image and put the data in another image. GD library that accompanies PHP (under normal installations) makes this task extremely easy.
    I figured it was "super" technical. Im curious to know how i'd be able to create a sqaure outline in the dimension i specified that someone can move around an image to grab the data points to extract that image...

I just recently installed GD library and havent really had a chance to get into it. I'm a PHP alpha Newbie, a couple notches below intermediate. Could someone like me wrap their mind around a problem like this or should i find someone to do it for me?
    Last edited by vhogarth; May 31, 2005 at 21:37.