SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Content Partnership

So I was looking at the Technology section of ABC News online and noticed that ABC has partnership with CNET, meaning CNET provides ABC with technology reviews and news.

Now this seems like a cool idea, but how does CNET benefit from this? If I am not mistaken, CNET already gets 15 million visitors per month so just by having their brand on various publications to get more readers over time doesn't make much sense.

ABC Newshttp://abcnews.go.com/Technology/CNet/story?id=807354

CNEThttp://www.cnetnetworks.com/partnerships/?tag=cnetfd.ft

Is CNET looking for hits from ABC News or what?

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm guessing that they share revenue profits from the ads ABC serves on these articles. ABC could also be providing other content to CNET, but I'd be willing to bet its a revenue sharing deal.
    Ryan Price
    Subscribe to my blog for regular tips and tricks

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe ABC gives cNet advertising in exchange as I've seen cNet ads on ABC a few times.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, that is actually a content partnership u can say as I find big portals like Yahoo, MSN, AOL all have merged with american greetings.com to offer greetings service for their users. Similary, some small niche holidays related sites also have 123greetings.com content displayed on their site through their associate program.Though americangreetings have no content syndication program listed on their site,

This is basically benefitted to both where CNET is getting daily traffic through ABC and ABC is getting fresh content daily to be served to their users.

Yes, this is a vast topic to be discuss as webmasters looking for content, where do they get it, and how is it served. some join affiliate programs, some have their own content, some write articles and post ads on it