SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down Googlebots To Concerned With Domain Name?

Ok there are 2 main keywords
    1 of them had my site listed first on google and so happens to be in my domain name...but the i put the other main word in the <title> and <meta tags> and i am not even listed on the second page and is not in the domain name...

i also run google adsense and the bots for that also dont care about content it seems, just brings up ads for that keyword in the domain
    HI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Google does seem to give URL a lot of weight in ranking sites. Maybe you should create a seperate section of your website specifically for the other keyword, with the URL: "http://www.keyword1.com/keyword2/".
    -- Jeremy Maddock
    SEOMix.com - Search Engine Optimization Tips
    My Blog - Business, tech, and politics from a webmaster's perspective

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, there was a SEO / SEM contest in Germany (run by heise.de - a big name in Germany when talking about anything computer / internet related) and the aim was to get at the top No of Google and Co with the keywords: Hommingberger Gepardenforelle (something like Hommingberger Cheatah-Trout, doesn't exist of course and no pages were index with those keywords before), and as it turns out, the first result in Google Germany is the contest itself (heise.de), the second Wikipedia, the third has the name as a subdomain (hommingberger-gepardenforelle.zielbewusst.de - good idea) but the fourth domain name is not related to the keyword in any way (kackstelze.de). Most of the following have in one way or the other the keyword incorporated but as you see, it's not really needed.