SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why was my posted edited?

http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/show...36#post1935836

Scroll down to the end of the post. I linked two images and it was thought of as some sort of self promotion? What the hell? Clearly if he read the thread he would have known that I was editing a picture of a skyline and I would post my results.

The first image was a link to a NYC site site that has a picture of the NYC skyline. It was a direct link to the image.

The second link was an imageshack.us link which led to the image of my version of the skyline.

I understand that mods make mistakes but come on, then to say I was linking my own site? I wish I owned imageshack.us, but in reality its not my site.
    :'(

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No need for that thread title, edited to something that's a little less blatant...
    Rick

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't mean to be blatant but thats what I immediately felt when I saw he editted my post, I understand where you are coming from though. Btw, to anyone who sees this thread, the title wasn't offensive (Or better yet, not ment to be offensive). I'm not a mean guy, I promise .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No - the title wasn't offensive, just a little verbose
    Rick

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick
    No - the title wasn't offensive, just a little verbose
    Ok then, my apologies to those who found it to be too verbose.

I was simply surprised that a mod would edit my post without actually reading the thread. Oh well .

Don't get too close, I bite! Nicky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your issues would be better dealt with if you email me as opposed to posting a thread.

Sometimes people make mistakes, all you need to do is poin them out in a sensitive and coherent manner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read the thread in it's entirety.

First of all, he is a she. Never assume that all people on this site are male.

Secondly, if you want to give credit to another member on this site for which you reference help, the best thing thing to do is just reference their member name, otherwise it can be misconstrued as spam.

I apologize if I made a mistake, but that's how I interpreted the post. If I'm wrong, than Nicky will say so and you can correct the thread.
    Former Design Your Site Team Leader

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky
    Your issues would be better dealt with if you email me as opposed to posting a thread.

Sometimes people make mistakes, all you need to do is poin them out in a sensitive and coherent manner.
    Next time I will, sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by KC
    First of all, he is a she. Never assume that all people on this site are male.
    Sorry about that. Unfortunately, its a habit . I'll know for next time.
    Quote Originally Posted by KC
    Secondly, if you want to give credit to another member on this site for which you reference help, the best thing thing to do is just reference their member name, otherwise it can be misconstrued as spam.
    The thing is, why would I link my own site as the credit of the image I was trying to duplicate? The image from the person's site utilized a technique I was trying to learn how to do. For me to link one of my own works and then ask how to do it would be a little crazy. That was one post though, I guess I can understand the confusion. A few posts later, I posted the image before ( Of the NYC skyline - Not related to or hosted on the first linked posted ) and an imageshack link to my work which was then thought of as self-promotion.

If a mod feels that I'm challenging authority or anything that may be against the rules, feel free to delete this thread. Infact, I feel like I am making a private matter into a public one. Could a mod please delete this thread. My intentions were to be offensive or incoherent.

I don't mean to start a riot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxS
    Next time I will, sorry.

Sorry about that. Unfortunately, its a habit . I'll know for next time.

The thing is, why would I link my own site as the credit of the image I was trying to duplicate? The image from the person's site utilized a technique I was trying to learn how to do. For me to link one of my own works and then ask how to do it would be a little crazy. That was one post though, I guess I can understand the confusion. A few posts later, I posted the image before ( Of the NYC skyline - Not related to or hosted on the first linked posted ) and an imageshack link to my work which was then thought of as self-promotion.

If a mod feels that I'm challenging authority or anything that may be against the rules, feel free to delete this thread. Infact, I feel like I am making a private matter into a public one. Could a mod please delete this thread. My intentions were to be offensive or incoherent.

I don't mean to start a riot.

Max, see my post above. Sorry but I edited after your post.
    Former Design Your Site Team Leader

SitePoint Wizard megamanXplosion's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My intentions were to be offensive or incoherent.
    Quote of the day!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by megamanXplosion
    Quote of the day!

Typo...

My intentions were not to be offensive or incoherent.