SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No ".." to indicate the parent directory?

I have a software that has generated a code for me, not sure if I'm allowed to give out names of other companies on here so i won't for now. anyways, the code has worked for a long time on my server just fine. Until I got a new server, same operating system and everything, i just cut and paste everything over from the old server to the new one. But for some reason now one of my sites will not let me use ".." in my code.
    Code:
    <!--include file=../2020applicationsconnections.asp-->
    I would just place the "2020applicationsconnections.asp" file in the folder my current file is in, but then that messes up all the the linking that the "2020applicationsconnections.asp" file had in it. So is there any phrase, symbol, ect. that i should use to indicate a parent directory in this code? or is there some setting i need to change on my server that was set up on my old one and i just forgot to set it up also on my new one. I really appreciate everyone, thanks!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi everyone i found a very helpful place. So incase anyone else has this problem go here: <http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;226474>. Really helps!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yep, you just change file to virtual

<!--include virtual="2020applicationsconnections.asp"-->

Gav