SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stripping down ads before apply?

Just wondering if I should do that. This is mainly for UploadEngine.com, and I am afraid that perhaps maximizing my 3 adsense ads a page will be deemed having excessive ads that might jeopardize my chance of getting into ad networks.

I am trying to apply for Fastclick, Tribalfusion and Burst on Monday. My site traffic grows exponentially, now hovering around 16k to 23k uniques daily, with a monthly average of 7k uniques (I had only around 1k uniques beginning of the month, so it balanced out), but not my adsense revenue. In fact, it sortta dropped very terribly for the past 3 weeks, getting only 1-3 dollars a day; which I really think that I should have gotten more than that!

Another question is, do you think my traffic will gain me a lot of advantage while applying? I know most of those networks only ask for a minimum of 2k uniques daily, and my site is ten times that number!

Thanks.
    UploadPro.org - Version 2 launched.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll have a tough time finding any network to take on a file sharing site. I doubt you'll have any luck with any of the first or second tier networks. Try for Adtegrity or RealCastMedia. They basically accept anyone.
    The Online Guide

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll have a tough time finding any network to take on a file sharing site. I doubt you'll have any luck with any of the first or second tier networks. Try for Adtegrity or RealCastMedia. They basically accept anyone.
    I seconds that entire statement

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe you have a point. But if I wouldn't try, I wouldn't know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it looks to me like that isnt stable traffic you'll be getting.
    http://traffic.alexa.com/graph?w=640...engine.com/&u=
    looks like a fluke. i'd say you'll settle around maybe 5k per day but no luck with those kind of companies who look for content.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are asking me, my webalizer shows a different graph. And of course I tend to trust my webalizer more than some third-party site.