SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Questions about Third Party Auditing

My site is getting to the point where we may start to pursue a lot more in-house advertising assuming nothing cataclysmic happens to our traffic. That being said, I'm thinking we should look into third party auditing so that we can have some solid reports on the traffic we're getting that can be presented to potential advertisers, as well as demographic survey info that has also been recorded by a third party. This way I'm hoping that we can show our numbers to advertisers without them fearing we may be "cooking the books" in any way.

I'm aware of I/Pro doing both of these things, but are there any other companies that I should be considering that can perform audits on my site's traffic, as well as do surveys to collect demographic information on the site? Also, can anyone give me a ball park figure as to how much I should think about budgeting per month for this sort of thing?

Any suggestions that y'all can give on this matter would be wonderful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    iPro, media metrix, hitbox are the ones that come to mind. However, it is thousands of dollars per month. iPro quoted me around 30k for my monthly allotment of traffic. Not worth it to me. You then also have to take on the accounting, the reporting, chasing after the payment, approve creatives, etc. This is why I stick with the networks. Most have treated me well. Only a few issues with BannerSpace, ValueAd, and AdWorldNetwork. The good ones are Burst, Tribal Fusion, Casale Media, FastClick, ValueClick, RealTech, BUDS, and RightMedia.
    The Online Guide

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, 30K looks a bit steep. Maybe I should try using something like Web Trends as a quasi way to have third party recorded traffic from my site. :\