SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Money Per Click At A Lower Rate Today?

It may be me, (and I know I see a thread like this pop up from time to time), but on my webpages, (which should create a reasonable return per click and usually does), I've had particularly low returns per click.

For example, one page so far today has had 5 clicks on it - and that has returned a total significantly less than what it usually does.

Anyone else noticed anything "odd" - or am I just as paranoid as the other people who post who about "lost earnings due to low click return"?

Somebody suggested to me that:
    "Keep in mind that here in the USA it is Memorial Day Weekend. Many folks will be travelling, or at least doing things thatdraw them away from the computer.

My guess is that some advertizers take this into account and cut back on bids, if not cancel there ad runs for the weekend."

This may be true, but what about websites whose content is very much geographically orientated, i.e. whose ads would produce the "best" revenue ads for the country they were designed, (regardless of the fact that diferent ads would appear on that web page when viewed in another part of the world)?

Although US advertisers may take up the bulk of advertising - this "long weekend" principal may not apply?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would also say something about weekly traffic stats reports analysis. Usually, Tue, Wed and Thu have highest activity and Sat, Sun, Mon and Fri are lower.

Also, I personaly invite you to add your site to rating list of medical related sites and blogs at http://www.otinfo.org/topsites and increase your traffic

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Odd, highest are weekends for me. And no drop in CPC today. Heh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Thanks for the info Lana. I've nver really gotten round to studying the Adsense stats well enough - I've spent more time just getting them there! (And thanks for the invite, I shall give it some thought - just going away for the weekend in the next half hour...!)

Anyway, clicks did improve by the end of yesterday, although the overall revenue was still below average. We'll see what the rest of the weekend brings.

(It's also a Bank Holiday weekend - Monday - here in the UK, so the whole Adsense scene may be completely dire! )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And, as ever, having had another full week, (and just reaching the end of a "normal" weekend), things are...... back to normal