Thread: Anybrowser.com

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anybrowser.com

Hello Group,

Upon viewing our site with anybrowser.com I noticed that there is a small scroll bar at the bottow of the browser window which I do not see when I view the site. Can anyone tell me what would be causing this. I think it may have something to do with the image at the top of the page but it may be something else in the code.

I have two versions of our opening page and both of them have the same scroll bar.

http://www.camohunter.com (current opening page)

http://www.camohunter.com/oldindex.html (previous opening page)

We just switched over to the current opening page but I'm having second thoughts on this since it doesn't look the way I thought it would when viewed with anybrowser.com but then again neither does the old one. There's over 100 pages that will need to be changed.....it's going to be a long week!

Thanks

Scott

Houston, Tejas; Future Capital of the World
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just looked at http://www.camohunter.com/ with the anybrowser.com siteviewer and it looked the same as your actual page, no scroll bar at the bottom.

I'm using I.E. 5.0
    Brian Poirier
    SunStockPhoto: Stock Photos, Fine Art Photos, Event Photography

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Steelsun,

Thanks for taking the time to view the site with anybrowser.com I'm not sure why I see the scroll bar at the bottom but I just did it again and it's there. It does whether I view it with the any browser iii or if I use the 4.0 Transitional option further down the page. I use I.E 5.0 as well.

I guess I shouldn't worry about this so much since 90% of the site visitors are using IE 4.0 and higher. I just found it odd that the scroll bar was there. The same thing occurred when I viewed sitepoint.com with this service and it's not there when I visit this site.

I'd rather spend my time getting the site to validate better than what it currently is.

Scott

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ummmm....scott,

Are you checking this site in Netscape? I just looked at it using NS 4.76 and the everything below your text navigation is missing in action. It's probably a TABLE tag that has not been closed. If Netscape comes across a TABLE, TR or TD tag that is not closed then it simply stops rendering the page and you get ZERO.

I would recommend downloading Netscape 4.7 from www.netscape.com and testing it yourself. Forget using that anybrowser.com site and do it yourself. You'll get better, more reliable results.
    Adobe Certified Coldfusion MX 7 Developer
    Adobe Certified Advanced Coldfusion MX Developer
    My Blog (new) | My Family | My Freelance | My Recipes

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Creole

Thank you for letting me know about the problem with Netscape. I wasn't aware of this. I'm having difficulties downloading Netscape 4.77 for some reason but I did run the page in question thru Tidy Html and I think I have found the opened table tags without the corrresponding close tags. If you wouldn't mind taking a look for me again I would really appreciate it. I'll have to try downloading Netscape at work tomorrow and view the site from there.

http://www.camohunter.com

Thanks again for your help

Scott