SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adsense gave me the shaft....

So I had an new account setup with Adsense for 3 months now, I've been trying to get my PIN ever since so I can start receiving checks, for some reason or another it has never shown up, even though every 2-3 weeks I request that a new one is sent.

In the meantime my account has built up several hundred dollars. So the other day I sent them an email from their contact pages asking nicely for this to be resolved. Well today I get an email saying my account has been disabled for invalid clicks., which can't be true, I've never once clicked on my own ads.

Any chance I can get this resolved or at leats get the money I'm owed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have only been using adsense for about 5 months but seems they are heating things up lately. I got an email warning me about invalid clicks as well last week.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    see I never got a warning or anything, just out of the blue I got the boot. I'm guessing I probably won't get the money I'm owed either

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope... if they claimed you did invalid clicks, you'll never see your money back nor will you ever get back into their program... When I first starting using adsense, i thought i would be smart and go to other computers and click a couple of times. Got busted, learn my lesson, begged to let me back but they were firm and told me to go away and try other companies. So, now using my brothers name for adsense and have followed all the rules and never have a problem anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by littlenicky
    Nope... if they claimed you did invalid clicks, you'll never see your money back nor will you ever get back into their program... When I first starting using adsense, i thought i would be smart and go to other computers and click a couple of times. Got busted, learn my lesson, begged to let me back but they were firm and told me to go away and try other companies. So, now using my brothers name for adsense and have followed all the rules and never have a problem anymore.
    Do you reimburse your brother for the taxes he has to pay on your earnings?

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by littlenicky
    I've never click an ad on my site from my computer or any other computer. Hopefully I can work this out with Google but I don't really have high hopes for that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    google is very strict...

i would suggest that you wait 2 weeks... then email them that the site has changed ownership and you would like to re-apply to their service.

they will allow that... i know others that were banned.... and then re-applied after telling google that the site changed ownership and were accepted again.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by menuserve
    google is very strict...

i would suggest that you wait 2 weeks... then email them that the site has changed ownership and you would like to re-apply to their service.

they will allow that... i know others that were banned.... and then re-applied after telling google that the site changed ownership and were accepted again.

Hmm...so your advice is to lie to them.

Always sound advise I'm sure.

SitePoint Enthusiast David Lindon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by menuserve
    google is very strict...

I purchased and site and when I tried to apply for adsense they said they don't accept domains that had been banned even though it had changed owners. Thats their policy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ouch the AdSense banning is a bit scary. Do you guys think they are more aggressive towards smaller sites than the big earners? (Which of course means big money for them as well, so an immediate ban would hurt them.)

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what I don't understsand:

My sites are used heavily by schools. That means several students and a teacher are probably going to be viewing my site from just one or two computers. Is Google going to nail me for invalid clicks?

I've been with Google for almost four months now and haven't had any problems, but I'm really nervous about this. Why can't they just come up with some sort of forumla that discounts excessive numbers of clicks from the same source?

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gee how convenient, my PIN number showed up in the mail today! To bad it's useless now, Google is playing a dirty trick on me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the club.

Owen