User Tag List

Thread: Hats?

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy someonewhois's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hats?

So I'm going to print my logo on some clothes, and I need two things: A collared shirt, and a baseball cap.

CafePress.com seems to have the collared shirt, but their selection of hats is horrible. One black cap with a tiny oval in the front, and one white hat that's all open in the back (truckers hat). Gah. Does anyone have any suggestions of better providors?

Massimiliano Bruno Giordano sid egg's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your local hat-printing store.
    GamesLib.com - the slickest, most complete and
    easily navigatible flash games site on the web.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are store in the mall like lids that can embroider logos onto hats. I think they have to be vector based though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Baseball hats typically need to be embroidered to look good (except trucker hat styles). I personally found a local embroidery place, and you'd be surprised at how cheap it is. Basically, you give them your logo, and they "digitize" it so it works with their machine. That is a one-time fee, which I think I paid like $50 to have done. Once they have your logo digitized, they can embroider almost anything, and unlike screenprinting, they usually don't have high minimum orders.

In fact, my vendor will let me embroider just one item at a time if I want. I think I can get most hats done for a cost of about 5-7 dollars per hat, and a bit more when you get into the fitted anf flex-fit hats, but it is still extremely cheap considering what you can resell them for and the quality you obtain.

And, I mention this because you mentioned the collared polo style shirts. Again, since you already have the logo setup with the company there is no need pay any additional fees, you just have them embroider on the type of shirts you want.

The quality will be much better than cafepress, and you will save a lot of money and time in the end.