SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Thread: Adwords

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adwords

I have just started using adwords to promote my Forum Promotion website (http://www.forumpromotion.co.uk) and my Forum Promotion Forum (http://forum.forumpromotion.co.uk)

What I want to know is how succesful have you been with adwords and what tips can you give me to get the most out of my campaign.

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AdWords make up 63% of my sales. They beat both Overture and Searchfeed, all three with unlimited budgets at the same maximum cost per click, by four times the amount of sales with less than twice the amount of traffic. In other words, visits from Google ads convert almost twice as well, and Google is able to send more traffic over all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of my clients relies on PPC advertising for a majority of their traffic and they use both Adwords and Overture. They have similar results to Dan in which the ads from Google have a higher conversion rate than Overture. However, for the keywords they use, the CPC rate and daily budget to maintain the ranking they want is higher with Google than Overture. This was the opposite a couple years ago but I think Google has become more popular for advertising, thus increasing the number of bidders and cost. It is still quite profitable for them, the amount of traffic is close to 2x Overture but the cost is also about double. As long as you aren't afraid to spend some money to try some things out, you should be fine.
    Kevin Hauge : Modern Leaf Design : Follow Us on Facebook
    Client Axis v.08 - client / project management script

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Advertising with both Google and Overture will give you the most reach for your time/money investment.

Law #1: Make sure you know your numbers!!!

I can't stress that enough.

I average about $1200/month with Adwords alone.

That may seem like a lot to some people, but I know my numbers and I know that it is profitable for me to do so. If I didn't know my numbers I would probably back out of a very profitable deal simply because $1200 per month in a single ad source is somewhat daunting.

I also see the opposite quite frequently. Someone will be jumping for joy at their ClickBank checks, and they won't even know that they've lost money.

Don't let this be you.

Law #2: Don't give up too easily!!

By making simple changes to your bids, your keyphrases, or your ads - you may find incredible increases (or decreases) in your campaign's profitability. If a campaign is borderline profitable, don't kick it to the curb. Tweak it a little to see if you can really get it rocking.

Make sure you know your numbers constantly and only change one thing at a time so you know which changes make it better and which changes make it worse.

When you have a successful campaign with Google (the easiest to make and track your changes), then "roll it out" to other PPC search engines like Overture, Findwhat, Enhance, etc.

You can find a list at www.PayPerClickSearchEngines.com

Tim David
    http://www.TimsTIPS.com
    Techniques of Internet Promotion for Services

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1- Since higher CTR is the indicator of how effective your ad copy is and will help your rankings on adwords, develop clear, effective ad copy.

2- Create multiple ads for the same keyword.

3- Put your keywords in the ad Title.

4- Design your landing page so they convert qualified visitors to buyers. If your ads promise free listing make sure it actually direct visitors to a page where it's easy for them to list their forums. In case you offer more than listing option (paid listing), send your visitors to the free listing submission page first. Then, follow up with your free listing members and show them the benefits of the paid listing (you won’t have to invest more money to reach them again via the PPC engines).