User Tag List

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Major problems with my forum, help needed :(

Hey everyone!

My forums http://www.talkfreelance.com have slacked off in recent months (we are fairly new) but our traffic has sliced in half and I can't understand why, about a month ago we were number 1 in msn for "freelance design" and about number 8 for "freelance" but now we're nowhere to be seen!

Google just doesn't like us! We're not even in their top 100 results, I have looked for us under different terms but can't locate talkfreelance anywhere! Yahoo has us number 1 for "freelance forums" but that probably doesn't get many searches anyway.

I've been told one of the reasons is because we don't have an achieve or something (on the forum) we did do mod_rewrite but i'm unsure if it was carried out succesfully because the our link pop has sliced from 55,000 (about 3 months ago) to just 11,000 now! I did a test on www.bestcatalog.net

I was wondering if some seo guru could take alook at my site, keywords and maybe give me an insight into why google isn't playing ball, some sites are above mine but honestly don't deserve to be! Take a look at www.freelancetalk.com for example, it's dead yet it ranks higher in google! Why is this? What am I doing wrong? Any help is appreciated.

Kind Regards.

Application Developer shabbirbhimani's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My forums http://www.talkfreelance.com have slacked off in recent months (we are fairly new) but our traffic has sliced in half and I can't understand why, about a month ago we were number 1 in msn for "freelance design" and about number 8 for "freelance" but now we're nowhere to be seen!
    MSN is never a reliable SE and its chnaging almost daily and so its better if we avoid that as of now for the SE.

Google just doesn't like us! We're not even in their top 100 results, I have looked for us under different terms but can't locate talkfreelance anywhere! Yahoo has us number 1 for "freelance forums" but that probably doesn't get many searches anyway.
    You need more backlinks to get in google and also as you are new you might not have good backlinks with anchor text to rank higher for your terms.

I've been told one of the reasons is because we don't have an achieve or something (on the forum) we did do mod_rewrite but i'm unsure if it was carried out succesfully because the our link pop has sliced from 55,000 (about 3 months ago) to just 11,000 now! I did a test on www.bestcatalog.net
    archive / mod_rewrite will not help much and dont worry about the archive version Its of not that useful according to me as we already have a printable version of the forum which is much more light weight and SE friendly to help out.

I was wondering if some seo guru could take alook at my site, keywords and maybe give me an insight into why google isn't playing ball, some sites are above mine but honestly don't deserve to be! Take a look at www.freelancetalk.com for example, it's dead yet it ranks higher in google! Why is this? What am I doing wrong? Any help is appreciated.
    Nothing much can be done apart from getting backlinks.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "freelance design" isn't a competitive keyword phrase. The likely cause for lower placement is Google is on-page SEO. Google doesn't think your site/page is highly relevant to the target keyword. The oher reason is aging delay if your site is new.