User Tag List

Thread: J-scripts.com

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

J-scripts.com

Could I get some people to critique my website, J-Scripts.com. It is getting a lot of traffic, and I want the site to have the optimum aesthetic and content qualities for my viewers.

Thanks!
    Jonathan Malm

---------------------------
    jonathanmalm@yahoo.com

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've got a very nice clean, fresh design there. It all helps your visitors to come back again and again without losing interest.

I would suggest maybe doing a little bit more with the top bar. Maybe extend the top left image along the bar a bit. And the table spacing could be improved a little for 1024x758+ users. You might also want to get some icons for the script links in the middle of the page, just to break down the middle column text a bit.

All in all, very nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome...

I didn't think I'd get to review this site! I remember using it (quite a long time ago) and even having a link to it from one of my old sites!

And that probably says enough. It is great - clean and easy to use and navigate and the colours work really well.

Not sure about your logo. It's a bit odd - that red S thing.

And thats about it.

Sorry! Just keep up the good work!
    I swear to drunk I'm not God.
    Matt's debating is not a crime
    Hint: Don't buy a stupid dwarf Clicky

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

Great site you have there, nice clean and professional design. Simplicity is what makes your site looks very good.

A few comments:

1. The Categories on the main page, make the stand out more. At the moment, they look like unimportant links. Put a colored table (grey) around them and change their font color, amybe make them larger.

2. With your four titles on that page:

"Featured Script:"
    "New at J-scripts.com:"
    "Featured Books: "
    "Get Traffic to Your Site:"

Again, make them stand out, my suggestion is make a set of sleek images for them. You don't have many images at all, which is good, but the only real ones are banners which can get quite annoying.

3. You link font color I think should be slightly darker, I used to use the same as you, I got sick of it quickly, and changed to a darker color.

4. On the pages that contain the links within the category, you may want to make the title images. A site can be simplistic but not too simplistic, and yours is bordering that line. Try to add more images, still keeping the load time low and you'll be a millionaire in no time.

All changes are your own opinion, you don't have to listen to me if you don't want.

Good Luck with your Site!
    -Peter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, this is a very impressive site. I also like your other site resourcebin.net

I don't have much to say because to me it looks pretty flawless!
    However, (there's always a however) the links in the middle that the other's have been talking about...when i first looked at them it seemed weird how they were broken up with just a blank line. I mean the section of scripts and then the section of three links (other stuff) I hope you understand what I'm saying..haha...Maybe you should try putting a small yellow line in between them to show that they are purposely broken up like that. It kinda looks like the blank line was accidental.

Also, i don't know if it's just me but the Netmecahic ad looks a bit out of place in the "Other Stuff" Section. It makes teh user look at the banner and not YOUR links. Maybe it's just me.

Well anyways, i think you have a wonderful site!!! Good job!

-Nicole
    "I don't believe in people I don't know.
    Strangers are just friends I haven't met."
    ~Inspection 12 (Jacksonville natives, wahoo!)

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy Jeremy W.'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My only comment (that hasn't been mentioned) would be for:

"Home | Advertise | Bookmark Us | Contact Us | Link To Us | Submit a Script | Links"

To go along the BOTTOM of every page.

Also, if you want some more wizards, let me know, I can probably get you a few in return for some tutorials. If you do, just send me an email and we'll get you sorted right quick
    SVP Marketing, SoCast SRM
    Personal blog: Strategerize
    Twitter: @jeremywright

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah! I love it! Went in to evaluate and ended up checking out all your scripts. I think I've got a new bookmark. The navigation is good, colors are ok. I'm not big on greys but that's just me. Maybe on the Wizard page you could center the content.
    Regards,
    Tony Chester,
    http://www.onwired.com
    "You can't have everything. Where would you put it?!?