SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ticket broker affilaites

I'm looking for a ticket affiliate program that supports turnkey sites. Basically I want my own ticket site without stocking any tickets or doing any customer service stuff. Does anyone know of a good ticket broker affiliate turnkey solution?
    Buy links - SEO tips - web directory
    My travel blog - home of...
    the 1,000 dollar vacation writing contest.
    Can you write a vacation plan?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think TicketsNow.com might offer that. Might want to check with them.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any others?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ticketsnow says they cobrand for large sites. I'm not sure they are interested in doing it for me though I've emailed them. I would still need someone to build the turnkey site though.

I'm surprised there are no turnkey solutions already built as there are in the travel industry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is LiquidSeats.com also, but it does not have a Turnkey opperation. Mainly, these tickets fly off the selves. They are in the business of moving tickets quick, not build sites. This is probably the main reason why they do not do it. You can use the eBay affiliate program via CJ.com and just build off the ticketing part of their marketplace. It would cost you $250.00 for the ability to do this with eBay. I think Amazon may have a section on this also, but not 100% sure.
    The Online Guide

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks OnlineGuide. Are you talking about the editor kit in the Ebay affiliate program?

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out the little links I just made on the right side of my site, gonna see if they get any conversions...

www.streetballonline.com

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually the Ebay API looks interesting, but I can't find information on building a store like you can with AWS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, there are some templates that you can use for the API, but they are pretty basic. Therea re no plug and play services integrated within the eBay API that I know of. You may want to check out the eBay API forum at eBay.com.

You will need to know XML, databases, and programming in order to build what you want. You might want to consider hiring a programmer to do the API/XML integration. A lot of programmers which experience would usually have pieces from other jobs that they can put together in order to complete something like this. It would also be easier too.
    The Online Guide

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will no doubt have someone else do it. Perhaps i should start a contest here? Any idea what I should expect to pay for this work?
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlineGuide
    Yes, there are some templates that you can use for the API, but they are pretty basic. Therea re no plug and play services integrated within the eBay API that I know of. You may want to check out the eBay API forum at eBay.com.

You will need to know XML, databases, and programming in order to build what you want. You might want to consider hiring a programmer to do the API/XML integration. A lot of programmers which experience would usually have pieces from other jobs that they can put together in order to complete something like this. It would also be easier too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm... that could be a difficult one to answer. If you place it the looking to hire sub-category of the SitePoint marketplace, you'll receive bids from a variety of different programmers. Ask to see samples of their work, and try to work a price that is comfortable for your budget. Depending on customization, it could be a few hudred dollars. If you do some digging on Google, HotScripts.com, etc. You may be able to find a script. Once it is setup, then you only need to design the look and feel. You can stay with the generic, but it is really up to you. There are a variety of different eBay scripts listed on HotScripts, but I am not sure if they are for the API or not. Also, check out the eBay API help forum. They help eachother out now and again.
    The Online Guide