SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adsense CPC depends on Targeted-Traffic?

Adsense CPC depends on Targeted-Traffic?
    With other words, if I advertise Web hosting Google ads on my Web site I get more paid per click when high targeted traffic clicks then not related traffic (= not interested in the 1st place in Web hosting) clicks on the ads?
    (Ofcourse, in this case we not speak about that someone get paid more per click depending how much Advertiser is bidding!)
    Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what the heck are you talking about? google can't determine whether the person who clicks your ad is interested in web hosting... but most likely they are interested since they clicked the ad.

King of Paralysis by Analysis bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is talking about smart pricing.

No one can tell you how google determines the smart pricing Michel, theories abound.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tke71709
    He is talking about smart pricing.

No one can tell you how google determines the smart pricing Michel, theories abound.
    Sometimes I have a feeling that Google is able to trace the Web site my visitors came from in order to determine if this visitor is targeted or not!

When for example my visitor came from a non-related Web site compared to the Adsense ads I am showing then the pay-put per click might be lower as well!!

This all to ensure that the advertiser gets what he is paying for instead of lousy traffic!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From my experience it's been more to do with what's on MY SITE not where they came from...i.e. my visitor comes from google...to my site...and it's a product reveiew site I receive a reasonably good payout...VS a more generic content site that is Loosely about the theme the ads are...then the payout is less.

IMHO this is how the gauge the relevancy...or at least from the little tracking I've done.
    What accessories can you get for your iPod? Find out!

iPod Accessories